Smokers: Anybody try E-Cigs?

Just updated my thread here.

Just ordered my E-Cig starter kit in another attempt to quit smoking. I tried using the Comit lozenges about this time last year and made it a month. The lozenges kept the nicotine urges at bay but I missed the physical aspect of smoking especially when stressed and failed at becoming a non smoker.

So while Im waiting for my free starter kit to arrive I can find out if I can get the refill "juice" and other parts locally so I dont have to rely on mail order.

Anybody have any experience with the E-Cigs?

Romy

Taxiderpy
My cousin and best friend's fiance both used them, with great success. My cousin wrote a big old blog recommending everyone who wants to quit smoking should get one. Let me dig it up.

Edit: Found it! He talks extensively about his experience with it.

If you could save or improve the life of someone you care about, would you? I hope that all of my friends and family say yes. Now what if it cost less than $100 dollars, even thought it would save them money almost immediately? I found something that I think will save hundreds of thousands of lives, and that is just in... the United States. But to share this information with you, I must confess my deepest secret which I have kept from my loved ones for decades.

I have smoked cigarettes for 23 years. Not all the time at first, but a few years later I was smoking a pack a day. I lied to my family about it so that in the limited time that I spent with them, the only topic wouldn't be how bad they are for you. I knew that already, but knowing doesn't help you get over your addiction. I never smoked around the family, or even where influential young minds would see me do it. I wanted the addiction to stop with me, not generations later. I have tried numerous times to quit, using different types of cessation methods. They helped a little, but it was a constant struggle, and I hated the person/father/husband that I was during that time.

Now I have found the real solution, and I have no doubts that it will change the world in the next few years. I researched online and ordered an electronic cigarette. Basically, it gives you the nicotine that you are addicted to, but it removes the other 4000+ chemicals in 'analog' cigarettes. It gives you the feel of smoking, such as blowing smoke (water vapor, like a humidifier), and 'throat hit' so you get the sensation that you feel in your cheat from smoking.

Let me put it into an amazing perspective. I didn't realize that the pack of cigarettes that I had when the device came in the mail, was going to probably be my last pack, EVER! It is the best invention that I think has been created in my lifetime. If you have someone that you care about that smokes, YOU SHOULD GET THEM ONE OF THESE NOW!!! They improve and save lives almost immediately. AND THERE IS NO BATTLE TO QUIT. And they are cheaper than analog cigarettes. Research it yourself and see, or ask me what to do and where to go. But do not get them from mall kiosks, they are over priced garbage. Save a life, starting right now. These are incredible.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks.

Ive been reading on Pirate4x4 about these for a while and finally broke down and ordered.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Just updated my thread here.

Just ordered my E-Cig starter kit in another attempt to quit smoking. I tried using the Comit lozenges about this time last year and made it a month. The lozenges kept the nicotine urges at bay but I missed the physical aspect of smoking especially when stressed and failed at becoming a non smoker.

So while Im waiting for my free starter kit to arrive I can find out if I can get the refill "juice" and other parts locally so I dont have to rely on mail order.

Anybody have any experience with the E-Cigs?
Dearest Dearest Blue. It will fail if you give that bold any empowerment whatsoever. Your not going to attempt to quit, your not going to try. You want to quit, you know all the loved ones we have lost, my Jim, our Grammy, put them down and consider them the toxic life stealing drug that they are. They are nasty, they are bad for you, and you CAN do this. The gimmick whatever will never work until you make up your mind to really really do this thing. It isn't near as hard as not being able to breath, or being eaten up by murderous cells. I am rooting for you as you well know, and that is why I am writing this. Put them down. If you weaken, put it out the second you light it, tough it out three days, find something else for your hands to do, run, smoke E cigs, I don't care, find something healthy to replace it.

I smoked from the age of 10. Bus stop cigarettes were the best ever, twice as much because they were naughty. By the time I was in my twenties I would swear I was going to quit, throw the pack out and run to the nearest gas station to get another. Until I made up my mind and did it. You can do it. Puts away soap box and gives a hug. Please do this one thing for your self. ok pushes soap box back under the bed and gives one more ((((HUGS))).

You couldn't pay me a million dollars to pick one up now.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
My dad tried it and was VERY successful and he had been smoking for 20+ yrs.
I tried it... I couldn't do it. It was so gross and made me throw up a couple of times using it actually.
Though I am damned and determined to stop now since I'm working out a lot more & starting college.

ACooper

My dad tried it and was VERY successful and he had been smoking for 20+ yrs.
I tried it... I couldn't do it. It was so gross and made me throw up a couple of times using it actually.
Though I am damned and determined to stop now since I'm working out a lot more & starting college.
From what I've read, they have different 'dosages' of nicotine, sort of like the patch. So perhaps when you tried it the dosage was much to high for you? IDK

When I first heard about them I thought they where a gimmick and the initial cost seemed prohibitive. I started reading a thread on Pirate4x4 about them and many members there havent picked up an analog cig since they got their ECig. Some cant even smoke an analog anymore without wanting to hurl. From what Ive read, they are cheaper even with the initial cost (moot point with the free starter kit), you get your sense of smell back, and they dont make you stink.

Romy

Taxiderpy
We also managed to convince my 3 year old daughter that my friend's fiance is part dragon, after she saw him exhaling the water vapor. That was fun.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
I had one when I was giving up. I am now going on 18 months without smoking. I loved it. It was exactly like the real thing but without the aftertaste. Give it a go!!

Bumping This Back To The TOP!

Finally got a quality e-cig.

Have not even thought about an analog cig in 3.5 days. This thing is amazing after smoking hand rolled cigs for better part of a decade, and in the long run this will be cheaper too.

More options for flavors, I dont stink like an ashtray, and I am getting my sense of smell back.

I did a comparison after buying this thing and couldnt even smoke half the analog cig after trying the e-cig.

I tried a cheap one about 2 years ago, like the Blu cigs, it sucked.

Im going to get a second setup next payday so I have backup and more clearomizers for more flavors. I have a place near by that sells the juice so I dont have to drive 25 miles if I get low. If I happen across a favorite flavor I can get a bigger re-build able tank and bigger tank. There are a lot more options now.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Way to go, blue! I've tried a couple of them. The first was like I was smoking air, not satisfying at all. (Fresh air! Gross! :p) But I took a hit of my cousin's e-cig over Christmas and it was really good. My cousin's doing well with it, too.
I'm really pleased for you!

One of my co workers let me try his and it kicked harder then my hand rolled smokes, I was sold, and I bought the same kit.

It was 4 years ago I tried the cheapy kit according to this thread, I felt better after the first puff with the new kit.

Saeleofu

The person I used to dog-sit for switched to E-cigs for the health of her pets. She still uses the nicotine cartridges, but it's still healthier than actual smoking. My brother uses chocolate-flavored cartridges even though he's never been a smoker.

crazedACD

Finally got a quality e-cig.

Have not even thought about an analog cig in 3.5 days. This thing is amazing after smoking hand rolled cigs for better part of a decade, and in the long run this will be cheaper too.

More options for flavors, I dont stink like an ashtray, and I am getting my sense of smell back.

I did a comparison after buying this thing and couldnt even smoke half the analog cig after trying the e-cig.

I tried a cheap one about 2 years ago, like the Blu cigs, it sucked.

Im going to get a second setup next payday so I have backup and more clearomizers for more flavors. I have a place near by that sells the juice so I dont have to drive 25 miles if I get low. If I happen across a favorite flavor I can get a bigger re-build able tank and bigger tank. There are a lot more options now.
What brand?

I've tried a few of the disposable ones, the Blu cigs and Njoy, but didn't care for them much.

What brand?

I've tried a few of the disposable ones, the Blu cigs and Njoy, but didn't care for them much.
iTaste vv. Came with the battery and 5 clearomizers or tanks. Battery is adjustable for both volts and wattage which makes a difference.

I need to get a label maker so I can keep track of whats in what tank.

Im really eyeing the iTaste VTR as a future setup.

ACooper

So glad you've found one that works for you Blue!

I started using an E-Cig (sorry, don't even remember the brand!) in January 2011. I used it for almost 3 months....slowly stepping down the dose....and by March 2011, I was done with nicotine in every form. I smoked for 20 years and I've been smoke free since January 2011 and nicotine free since March 2011.

Good luck Blue, whatever your goal!

This morning I actually contemplated rolling a smoke, havent gotten rid of the tobacco and papers yet, and actually felt nauseous thinking about it. The loose tobacco and papers will be gone tomorrow.

I will be buying a second setup like what I have now for back up. I can always walk and get more juice, I dont want to drive 40 miles in a pinch.

I havent smoked in 6 days, I cant remember the last time I went this long in 25 years.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I have a Kanger Pro Tank 2 and three clearomizers, one of them is a top coil that's made to be disposable, the others you just replace the atomizer. It is possible to replace the atty in the one that's supposed to be disposable, you just got to get a little crafty.

I'm having trouble getting rid of analogs completely. I don't know why :/ My nic levels in the Ecig are higher than the analogs I smoke (camel lights) and as long as I vape for like twenty minutes the craving goes away, but like, after being in college math class for two hours I want to run outside and just smoke a "real" cigarette, and I'd say eight times out of ten, that's what I do. :/

My brother in law bought his set up and never went back. This was months and months ago. He smoked more than me (two to three packs a day, vs my 3/4ths to 1 1/2 packs) but he also vapes a higher nic level than I do while he's at work. I may need to try that.

I need to find another vape that isn't so harsh on my throat. So far I've gotten Butterscotch, which tastes just as delicious as it sounds, Watermelon Bubblegum, which is also amazing, and something from jvapes, called the bomb.com. I mix the bomb.com and the watermelon bubblegum together in my Kanger (upon the recommendation of the guy that runs the vape shop, and it's an AWESOME vape.

They were all great until I refilled the butterscotch one. Now for some reason it's giving me a really harsh throat hit. Not sure if I need to clean the atty, replace it, or what.

Im buying a back up kit like I mentioned tomorrow. Im also going to try and get more flavors, or at least more of what I like. All of my clearomizers are top coils, Im going to get at least one bottom coil as well.

Since Im going to have 10 clearomizers Im also going to buy a label maker.

My first try with the E-cig was horrible, my second not so much but it was a drip system. Using the tanks or clearomizers is awesome.

I want to get an E-pipe system.

My lungs are clearing, I can breath better, I have a sense of smell, and most importantly I am sleeping better.

I wish I had done this sooner.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.