Those who work in vet offices...

SpringerLover

This job: no.

Old job: yes. When I started it was Merial's Cesar Milan tape. When I left it was Victoria Stillwell. (Not that I had anything to do with that, honest. It was an anonymous gift...!)

krissy

No we do not.

At some of the Emerg hospitals I've visited they did. They either played little segments on their different services or just the local news.

Grab

We have a tv in every exam room as well as in the lobby. It varies what they play. The rep who gave us the lobby tv wanted Monsters Inside You playing. But, receptionists said that clients thought it was gross. So, they switched to the Blue Planet videos. They used to play Animal Planet, but the vets disliked the 1-800 pet meds commercials playing..:rolleyes:

At holiday times, they played Christmas movies, which people seemed to enjoy.

The only television I've ever seen in a clinic was at the emergency room in the lobby. It just had various cable channels on it. Which is relly nice when you're sitting there for hours.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
We have a tv in every exam room as well as in the lobby. It varies what they play. The rep who gave us the lobby tv wanted Monsters Inside You playing. But, receptionists said that clients thought it was gross. So, they switched to the Blue Planet videos. They used to play Animal Planet, but the vets disliked the 1-800 pet meds commercials playing..:rolleyes:

At holiday times, they played Christmas movies, which people seemed to enjoy.
We tried Monsters Inside You and had people complain and demand we take it off :p

Right now we have the most boring video ever playing all about ticks. it's the middle of winter. There are no ticks.

I want something that doesn't bore me to death. We do play the radio though.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
The only vets that have TVs in the lobby here is the larger of the emergency vets. I think, I'm not even sure about that. I believe they have cable and you can watch TV while waiting. It's been a while since I have been, though

Saeleofu

We didn't. Knowing the clinic, though, we'd have probably had some "PRAISE JESUS!" **** playing if we had had one.

We did have a fireplace, though. And a keurig. And a mini fridge with soda and juice boxes.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
We do not. Our clients are stuck with Dog Fancy, Cat fancy, and Better Homes & Gardens.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Southpaw;233461Our clients are stuck with Dog Fancy said:
Yah. The main vet clinic I use has some magazines and some books out. It's actually quite boring :p There is a partition half-wall mostly blocking off one corner of the waiting room, mainly to separate DA dogs, or cats that will get nervous with dogs, so we just sort of take over that half of the waiting room and entertain ourselves. (One of the clinic cats is allowed to play with the ferrets.)

The clinic the rescue uses/my secondary clinic just has a ton of books, and the most boring waiting room ever.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
At my old vet, I don't think it's a TV, just a computer monitor in the lobby of ours and one in each of the exam rooms too. They play little short videos on fleas and ticks. I have seen a dental health video playing too. They play without sound on. I sat there one day while waiting for x-ray results watching that stupid flea video like thirty times...

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
We have one. I have no idea what it plays. Some cheesy prerecorded vet talk show, I think.

Nope. On 9-11 we put a small TV from our breakroom in the lobby for the the day, but that was an exception.

Our lobby is tiny, though, I have no idea where we would even put one as a permanent fixture.

Grab

We have a small lobby, but the tv is mounted on the wall in both the lobby and exam rooms.

Members online

No members online now.