The Venting Thread

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
:hail:

Especially the bold.

Yes, a big change up is going to rattle some problems and there will be growing pains and people who are needing to pay more (myself included) etc.... but do you really want to live in a country where people go BANKRUPT or die or suffer because they can't afford the health care they need or get the care and are saddled with debt for the rest of their lives?

I personally do not.

I have a family full of doctors and trust me, there were some toddler tantrums about ACA but at the end of the day, there is relief of not living in a country where treatment=a debt sentence or people avoid treatment/diagnosis because it's too expensive and then it's too late.

I don't think ACA is perfect.. but I do honestly truly believe that our health care system needs to change.

we are in good company frankly. It's not like we are the first to attempt this.

And as for the cost.. it's insane to me like people don't even blink at how much this country spends on war or anything else but.. OUR HEALTH?! WHAT?! THATS GOING TO COST US MONEY!?
and frankly, we are spending more on health care, as a country, the way things are.. then we would be with universal health care.
IT'S A MESS THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

I can't afford health care because my govt is TAXING THE CRAP OUT OF ME!

Do I think I should have to foot the bill for other people's health care when I can't afford my own? NO!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yes I have, I had to let it go a while back (a few years ) because my premiums got so expensive I couldn't afford it :(.

Now with obamacare coming to light, I will have to get more by I think the end of 2014 (I think ???) or I will be "punished" by our wonderful govt.

Jerks.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Yes I have, I had to let it go a while back (a few years ) because my premiums got so expensive I couldn't afford it :(.

Now with obamacare coming to light, I will have to get more by I think the end of 2014 (I think ???) or I will be "punished" by our wonderful govt.

Jerks.
If you have ever used any health care service you have paid for you have paid for other people's health care. Do you think hospitals just eat all those unpaid bills? They pass them on to other patients.

When I was 22 I had no health problems. Out of the blue, appendicitis. 30k+ surgery. Thank God I was on my parents insurance. A few years ago I had to have my gall bladder removed. A week later I started having horrific abdominal pains. Turned out I had a bile duct leak and was in the hospital for 5 days. These are things that would have killed me if they had not been fixed. Without insurance I would have been left with debt greater than the value of our house. I would have had to declare bankruptcy and the bill still would not have been paid. This is not a sustainable model for the health care system of a first world country.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Related? or Unrelated... ;)

But when I hear WTF OBAMACARE!?!?!?! I imagine people running around in tin foil hats looking for the people in suits that are out to get them.

It's not personally going to affect me (maybe? idk I haven't really looked into it) but it sounds like it is going to be beneficial to the vast majority vs not.

crazedACD

Jerks.
Yeah, it is way less expensive to just go to the hospital when something happens and never pay the bill. Don't worry, we'll cover it. :cool:

If you have ever used any health care service you have paid for you have paid for other people's health care. Do you think hospitals just eat all those unpaid bills? They pass them on to other patients.

When I was 22 I had no health problems. Out of the blue, appendicitis. 30k+ surgery. Thank God I was on my parents insurance. A few years ago I had to have my gall bladder removed. A week later I started having horrific abdominal pains. Turned out I had a bile duct leak and was in the hospital for 5 days. These are things that would have killed me if they had not been fixed. Without insurance I would have been left with debt greater than the value of our house. I would have had to declare bankruptcy and the bill still would not have been paid. This is not a sustainable model for the health care system of a first world country.
This.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
drivers are fcking dicks. today was the second day somebody RUNS A RED LIGHT to hit me while i am moseying across a PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK while i have the green to go

I HATE YOU PEOPLE. LEARN HOW TO DRIVE.

Last night, while trying to get the cat out of the mattress, we discovered the underside of the mattress is moldy. *gag* and that is a common problem in memory foam mattresses, especially Sealy brand mattresses. *double gag*. Not both of us have a sore throat, but we think its in our heads.

CaliTerp07

Last night, while trying to get the cat out of the mattress, we discovered the underside of the mattress is moldy. *gag* and that is a common problem in memory foam mattresses, especially Sealy brand mattresses. *double gag*. Not both of us have a sore throat, but we think its in our heads.
Oh dear Lord...now I am terrified to go upstairs and check ours. UGHHHH. Is there any way to get rid of it if it is moldy?

Oh dear Lord...now I am terrified to go upstairs and check ours. UGHHHH. Is there any way to get rid of it if it is moldy?
Ewww I want to check mine too. I have a memory foam mattress.
which kind of memory foam is the best to get? which is resistant to mold? my parents just bought a tempur pedic, I was thinking of getting one too. is there anything you can do to prevent mold?

It is a Sealy TemperPedic that we have had for about 4 years and we know it was clean about a year ago when we moved. The internet says that you have to be careful with bleach on memory foam because the beach will eat the foam. If you search "moldy memory foam" most of the complaints namely mention Sealy.

Oh and if you guys have one of those moisture proof covers over your mattress, make sure you unzip the cover and look at the actual mattress

My husband sent an email to their customer support and well be calling tomorrow. I'll let you guys know.....

Last edited:

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
so dejected and upset with myself. i got a talking to at work today from my boss because some stuff i was saying about a customer wasnt very nice, which is completely true. i do cuss a lot, and **** talk up a storm, but i ONLY do it in the back where nobody can hear and its usually quite a bit of merriment between groomers, how so and so is so stupid blahblah. i dont know HOW customer X heard me, but she complained and i got a talking to, and i feel so stupid and so mad at myself. i just need to stop opening my mouth at all at work, but i dont know how because i love my job and i love my coworkers and i feel so happy and relaxed around them i just act "myself", so its hard to shut up and be all srs bsn because we all joke around together

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
This is a ridiculous vent. I understand that but still. My girlfriend& I signed up for the Disney half. Then our other friend wanted to join. We had to submit a 10K official time before Nov. 1st, so today was our race day. My best friend& I have a very similar running pace while our other friend is significantly slower. We decided to all finish at the exact same time or else we would be in different starting corrals. Our slower friend said she could reasonably expect to do the 10k in about an hour& 10 minutes. Much slower than our pace (like ..almost 20 minutes slower :/) but we figured that was worth it for the Disney half. So, we get 1.4k& our friend needs a walk break. So, we say okay. We walk a bit, then we run again without her but we kept a really slow pace. Well, we ended up turning back to find her& get her before crossing the finish line.

Our official 10k time? 1hr40. Out of 163 people, we placed 155, 156& 157. HARSH. There were a group of older women who walked it in 2hr10& they were the only ones slower than us. Worst part? Our friend wasn't even happy we went back& got her. She was super negative& angry saying she was dropping out of Disney ..I just don't understand. We killed ourselves to not be competitive (we would have finished top 10 at our pace..) and run FOR our friend and FOR our trip :(

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
This is a ridiculous vent. I understand that but still. My girlfriend& I signed up for the Disney half. Then our other friend wanted to join. We had to submit a 10K official time before Nov. 1st, so today was our race day. My best friend& I have a very similar running pace while our other friend is significantly slower. We decided to all finish at the exact same time or else we would be in different starting corrals. Our slower friend said she could reasonably expect to do the 10k in about an hour& 10 minutes. Much slower than our pace (like ..almost 20 minutes slower :/) but we figured that was worth it for the Disney half. So, we get 1.4k& our friend needs a walk break. So, we say okay. We walk a bit, then we run again without her but we kept a really slow pace. Well, we ended up turning back to find her& get her before crossing the finish line.

Our official 10k time? 1hr40. Out of 163 people, we placed 155, 156& 157. HARSH. There were a group of older women who walked it in 2hr10& they were the only ones slower than us. Worst part? Our friend wasn't even happy we went back& got her. She was super negative& angry saying she was dropping out of Disney ..I just don't understand. We killed ourselves to not be competitive (we would have finished top 10 at our pace..) and run FOR our friend and FOR our trip :(
Your friend is totally petty :( Im sorry *hugs to you*

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
It is a Sealy TemperPedic that we have had for about 4 years and we know it was clean about a year ago when we moved. The internet says that you have to be careful with bleach on memory foam because the beach will eat the foam. If you search "moldy memory foam" most of the complaints namely mention Sealy.

Oh and if you guys have one of those moisture proof covers over your mattress, make sure you unzip the cover and look at the actual mattress

My husband sent an email to their customer support and well be calling tomorrow. I'll let you guys know.....
Maybe white vinegar?

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Tomorrow I'm going to have Josh help me find a therapist in our network... I don't know if my hormones are a little crazy right now or what, but I'm pretty sure my brain is trying to tank everything good in my life. I've needed to see one for a while anyways, but it's getting worse. I'm not sure if it's mild depression brought on by stress or just overthinking or what.

Blah. I just don't like being sad and unmotivated and tired all the time. I've been slamming energy drinks just to get through the day lately, crying a lot, I haven't done any serious training with the dogs in well over a month and don't even feel motivated to take them on walks/bike rides or anything which is super odd.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I just got a bill from the ER from the stray cat scratch. All they did was write me a prescription for antibiotics and have a physicians assistant tell me that they wouldn't give me a rabies shot and they want over $700!!! Are you ****ing kidding me?!?!

Members online

No members online now.