HI>>>MY BOXER SKYLER AND I ARE NEW

MY1BOXER

:) My boxers name is SKYLER and hes alittle over 1 year. Hes our house dog and he sleeps in bed with us. When he was a puppy we let him sleep in the middle. Hes bigger now and still thinks he can sleep in the middle, only we have him sleep at the foot of the bed. Its been along time ago since I could bring myself to by another boxer. My husband bought me a boxer years ago for my birthday. MUGSY and I were very close and did everything together. He had liver problems. I went to pick him up to take him to the vet cause I and he died in my arms. "THAT WAS TOUGH". But, here I am over 10 yrs. later and I have SKYLER. Hes house broken...thank god. HEs a very good dog and im so glad & happy to have him. "I LOVE BOXERS".

Welcome to Chazhound!

Boxers will keep you laughing. They're so lovable and humorous.

It's hard to lose a dog they way you lost Mugsy. My Bear died in my arms when he was about 14 or 15 - I wasn't sure since he was a pound pup and was an adult when we met. It's heartbreaking, but it's also a comfort to be with them in that last moment.

We're all looking forward to hearing more about Skyler and Mugsy and seeing some photos.

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
hi

hi there MY1BOXER i just wanted to say hi and i hope yoyu enjoy us doggys and we like gossip so exspect tongue's wagging lol no im just joking any way what sort of animals have you got!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
Just to let you know, this site if full of wonderful people with great knowledge about dogs. If you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. I've got a boxer in my family too. Her name is Harley. She loves to play tag and keep away with my 6 year old nephew. I've also got a boston terrier and a two pit bulls. The boston terrier and one of the pits (Bula) live with me, and Harley and the other pit (Mars) live with my sister. Can't wait to see some pics.

MY1BOXER

Thank you so much. Your shelties are very pretty dogs. How do you post & reply with the pics. of our dogs? I wouldnt mind doin that with SKYLER.

MY1BOXER

Renee750il,
Thank you. Yes...boxers will get your funny bone a going. I use to raise & sell them when we lived out in the country. Then I sold out cause we moved to town. Now were back out in the country...LOL...and thats where were staying put. AAAHHH, Sorry to here about your dog. Im sure he died right where he wanted to..."in your comforting arms", just like my mugsy with me. I`ll post some pictures of SKYLER & MUGSY, if I can ever figure out how to do it...LOL

MY1BOXER

SERENA,
Thank You. Boxers are great dogs. They sure are hyper and keep you on your toes. Never a dull moment...LOL.

MY1BOXER

Hi Milo,
I just joined today. This is a very nice place, I`m sure I`ll like it. I live on a small farm in Misssouri I love country living and if your going to have alot of animals its good for them to. I have several goats, chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits, cows, cats & kittens. Skyler is a housedog. I did have 3 poms, but I gave the male & female to my daughter inlaw. I kept the older female Mataya.

MY1BOXER

TL ASHMORE,
Thanks for the info. AAAHHH, You have a boxer to...thats cool. Skyler likes to fetch balls and sometimes he`ll bring it back and sometimes he dont. HE`ll tease us with the ball...LOL. He sometimes sits & shakes...but most of he gets in to alot of stuff and thats what he does best...LOL Boston terriers are cute. Are pit-bulls naturally mean Or is it just the way people raise them?

Ohhhh! You've opened the floodgates with that question about Pits! Even those of us who don't have them here will jump on every opportunity to dispel the ridiculous 'vicious breed' propaganda out there, and you've just asked the magic question.

May I say we appreciate the fact that you obviously want to know the truth and aren't one of those people who just closes their minds!

Pits, as a breed, were never meant to be human aggressive. They are typically, as a breed, intelligent and tenacious and want to be very friendly, playful creatures when raised properly, with kindness, love, consistency, responsible training and socialization. If you've looked at Ti_Ashmore's pictures in the gallery, you'll notice that Bula also lives with a little Boston Terrier named Dixie and you can see from the photos that they get along perfectly well - probably better than most kids! (lol) There's a photo in Onael's gallery of his gorgeous black Pit, Chyna, snoozing on the couch cuddled up to his little girl. That's really the true essence of the well-bred, properly raised Pit.

MY1BOXER

RENEE750IL,
I didnt mean to open any flood-gates or step on any toes. I`ve never known anyone that owned a pitbull. I was just wondering. I remember back in the late 70`s when my husband and I got married, we bought a Doberman Pincher and there was alot of hoopla over the Dobermans being mean to. The Doberman we had was`nt mean at all. "YEP>>>I`M OPEN MINDED".

MY1BOXER

SERENA,
I agree. But thats with all your BREEDS. All your breeds may have some flaw in any generation, that may cause it to be mean, with or without being raised in a loving home. My inlaws had a "since I don`t know how to spell the word I`ll say" TACO BELL dog...lol". They were loving to her, but she was mean. At times she`d growl, snap & bite. I think the MEDIA plays a big role in the hoopla over the big dogs like DOBERMANS & PITBULLS etc. You don`t ever hear about the little dogs. But, most people are`nt afraid of the little dogs, like they are the big dogs. ASHLEY, sure did have a reason to be very aggresive. She sounds like a very very "GOOD" dog. Again, I really think the "MEDIA" has alot to do with the "HOOPLA".

My1Boxer -

Serena and I are always thrilled when someone open-minded asks an honest question that lets us get up on our soapboxes and rave awhile. (lol) One of our (many) favorite raves is the much maligned Pit Bull, but there are so many lovely, wonderful breeds that get slandered because of a few reprehensible owners who shouldn't be allowed to have a pet rock.

bogolove

Boxers are such great dogs. Brady has one down the street that he loves. Her name is Sadie, and she is mostly white with brown patches around her eyes. she is so sweet, and she gets so excited when Brady and I come to see her that she always pees on the driveway (she is still a puppy, but a big one!). She is a sweet girl. Sorry to get off the topic about the pits, but I get so upset when I hear people being mean and lighting animals on fire. Just yesterday I saw on the news here (Tennessee) that 2 BOYS (i am talking like 13 year olds) were trying to fnd this puppy a home, and when they couldn't find it a home they tried to drown it, and when it survived that, they put it on the grill and set it on fire and it died. I was literally in tears (VERY ANGRY ONES) :mad: before I had to go to work yesterday. That just disgusts me that those kids did that, but you can see where they learned it from because their dad got arrested because he went over to the person's house who turned the kids in and assaulted them and attacked them (physically). So some people in this world just shouldn't have pets OR kids, like that man. See, now I am on a ranting spree. I told you, I find it very upsetting, but I guess most people do. I cry even when i watch Animal precinct on animal planet. My husband must hate it when i watch that.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.