Show Dobes For Sale

IliamnasQuest

Loves off-leash training!
Excellent, Redyre! Exactly what I would want in a dog. Good to know you are planning on working titles too.

You're the type of person who will back up the CH with proof that your dog has the qualities beyond "looking good" and that's what I think needs to be done by breeders - but as you know, few do.

Have you trialed a dog through Utility before? You don't see many rotties in it up here at least - most of those you see in utility are BC's or goldens or labs. I showed a chow in utility which was quite an interesting experience .. *L* .. I love the utility class, prefer it over open obedience any day.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska

R

RedyreRottweilers

I am finally back on my feet (sort of) after a TERRIBLE week of the flu.

Ugh. Would not wish it on anyone.

No, I've never trialed in Utility. I had one bitch ready, but I had waited until she was too old (she was 9+), and she just could not get past the broad jump in Open. We tried 12 times. She was rock solid on everything else, and we would have been scoring in the mid 190s had she been able to get across the broad jump. She tried so hard, and I decided to let her rest after a dozen tries.

My old instructor has had several AKC OTCHs, however, and I have quite a bit of experience in observing and helping her prep her dogs for Utility.

I'm confident we will get through to Utility just fine, and plan for at least a UDX.

doberkim

Naturally Natural
moe said:
Well apart from the obvious things like conformationally correct, good temperment, if a working breed, then a good working attitude, Health tested and clear of known problems within their particular breed, each breed has a standard for that breed, the dog/bitch should match as close as possible to that standard. if they have been used before what have they produced, are they conformationally correct, good temperment etc. if a person is knowledgeable about their particular breed then, wether a dog is titled or not they "should" know if a particular dog meets the criteria. IMO.
the fact remains, i would wager good money on 90% of th epet owning public having NO IDEA what the standard is for their breed and not knowing a well-put together dog from a hole in their head!

you dont know health, temperament, working ability, and structurally correct without impartial opinions - and that is obtained from testing and titling.

otherwise, all you need is billy joe bob down the road selling you the most beautiful dog hes bred this month, parents are great pets and they are healthy because they never need to go to the vet.

no being a CH does not guarantee the dog will be a great producer and doesnt mean it will produce correct dogs.

But do you think you have a better shot at producing correct dogs FROm more correct dogs, or just any old dog? I am confused why we should breed from dogs that are not breed standard.

Members online

No members online now.