what i would give for a fenced

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Yard...i don't feel like walking Victor..and he doesn't have to go either, we have walked the yard four times in the last two hours..i keep saying I TOOK U OUT I TOOK YOU OUT I TOOK U OUT>>GO LAY DOWN! but there he is with his nose in the crack of the door.again.i guess the only way i am going to get any peace is to walk the block..and he could do that 20 times without getting tired..how do you say hey dog..i got a headache OK????? Before anyone gets a pointer..make sure your landlord isn't going to lose his house so you don't have to move..we had a fence when i got Vic..I couldn't find a house to rent that would let me have both dogs that had a fence..so walk we do and walk we will..and walk and walk and walk...sigh

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor doesn't have any coat what so ever..his opinion of winter is the same as mine..out as quick as possible and back in. It is now when the ground is moist and the scent is good and the baby birds and mice and voles and whatever are everywhere. He reads the world like a motion picture rated extra good and for the life of him can't understand why oh why i would want to sit and stare at this boring box and tap on these keys when wew could be...OUTSIDE!!!

Right now untill I can afford my fence we have an overhead cable. it does the job, I can even play fetch with it. I cna twait to get the fence in then both these retards can go in a room with a dog door to the fenced part when nobodies home.

I don't think I could have a dog unless I had a fenced in area. Once you've been there, it's hard to go back. Such freedom. I just let him out the back, he does is bizness, then comes right back in. But I always take him for big long walks on top of that, don't worry...

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Well Smkie with all my new found expertise (after fencing 5 acres) do you want me to pop over and put you up a fence?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
if i knew that my landlord was a sure thing i would take these zillion rose of sharon and plant them in two rows and make a living fence..i would have one in two years (buying one is just a figment of my wishes were horses imagination) but he is going thru a divorce and i trust nothing until it is over..anybody want some rose of sharon? I have already weeded out a forest of maples. I did this with rose of sharon at the burned house..i couldn't stand my next door neighbors so i grew a screen where i didn't have to see them anymore..didn't take long either. All you have to do is plant two or three rows close together, they can grow 10 ft tall or more and dense.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
and yes Gustav..i would really love seeing a friend right now..please just pop right on over!

I totally know what you mean. I have to walk my dog not only in the backyard, but I live in a condo and we have to walk him on a dog walk which is not just right out the back door. Walking him gets to be a big pain in the a**. Puppy training was the worst b/c every 10 minutes he was going out! And if we dont walk him back on the dog walk, we get a nice hefty fine--i love going to my moms and letting him run in the fenced in yard!

-Melissa
www.petterritory.com

A fenced yard is always nice. I love just being able to open the door and not worry. And sometimes I just feel lazy and don't want to walk them, LOL! (but I always feel bad if I don't).

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
smkie said:
and yes Gustav..i would really love seeing a friend right now..please just pop right on over!
I really wish it was that simple!! Ever thought of moving? Lol! :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Daily, but alas my family has their roots in me so here i have to stay.....today i took Gg to get her glasses, the grocerystore..dropped them off took MYPY and grandson to the doc.dropped them off took GG to K-mart and helped her find things..they would never let me leave. Im leashed.

Members online

No members online now.