Ugh, I knew I HATED this neighborhood!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Well they are and they are not....I mean take Goldens...they are SUPPOST to be very sweet...well when a golden attacks some thing or some one...no one pays any attetion to it and says "oh they are just SO sweet" :mad: Now when I pit or some bully breed attacks some things or some one...people say " OH NO A PIT ATTACKED SOME ONE...sounds the alarms(<--- Just kidding :p )" But you get the point.

Oh wow Kris...I hope it did nothing to your dogs :(

krisykris

Yeah it didn't Lizmo, I hightailed it outta there! I just hate when small dog owners let their dogs bad behavior go, then turn around and go OH look at that VICIOUS (PIT, GS, ect)

Now, I own small dogs and mine are thankfully pretty well behaved... but the other day I was walking them and saw a little chi snarling away at my pups. The owner goes Isn't that so cute? He wants to play!!

I was shocked. Yeah he wanted to play with his fangs bared and lunging at my pups. Don't think so.
People are strange! I always ask if a dog is friendly before I bring Charlie up to it because he gets so excited. I asked this one guy if his two chis where friendly, he looks are me with this stupid face, brings his dogs closer, one of them is growling at him really bad, obviously not friendly! but he probably told his friends he felt conflicted with the question because one of them is friendly :rolleyes:

krisykris

Mistical- my pups get super excited too and bark and bounce when they see other dogs, so I do the same thing. Surprisingly today I was out walking them and that SAME CHI was out! And the owner goes... Look it's our friends and just brings his dog right over to us even though he was growling at my dogs! Then the chi SNAPPED at Emma and would have bitten her had I not grabbed her and picked her up immediately.

I may have made an enemy because I asked him to please not approach my dogs because it's clear that his dog isn't very friendly with mine. He muttered something about me overreacting and walked away. Blah

I know, I hate to be bias, but I have encountered a lot of chis
that probably have not been well socialized and don't like other
breeds of dogs. What I don't understand is why some of the owners
like that guy don't have a clue, if your dog is dog agresive keep
him away from mine!

Overreacting my butt! It amazes me people cannot understand
what a growling, snarling chi means.

Miakoda

I agree, Drycreek. It is so much easier to go through life without educating yourself & just believe the "cool" things others tell you are "truths".

As for the cat, there's a whole lot more to the story than we are told. BUT, if this cat was outside & not on it's property, then shame on the cat's owners. I'm tired of people bringing in cats that were found mauled a few yards away & the owners wanting to sue the dog's owner. Or better yet, why not all the fuss when 2 cats get into it? I've seen more cats die from fights with other tomcats than from dogs. And God help me if one more person storms into our clinic wanting to know who to report the driver of a car that hit their cat to & if they should sue. ARGH!

I am a strong believer in leash laws & it irks me to see ANYONE with ANY kind of animal off a leash.

Members online

No members online now.