Pics of the Curly Horses!!!

Ok so a bit late but I did get the promised pics of the curlies (horses)!!!! Enjoy!

Ok not a curly, but my BF petting one of the chickens at the farm. This one in particular is very friendly. She doesnt mind being picked up and handled

One of the barn cats

Lil kitten, there's a black one too but she was hiding when I had the camera out

CURLIES!!!

Momma and baby (I'm forgetting their names right now...)

Close up of baby, she is such a little character!!! I love her!

Leggy baby!! Behind her is Sid the Sporthorse and Kinyobi the stud

Kinyobi, he's the one that threw me and broke my finger >_< I love him regardless though! He is a gorgeous mover and for the most part very laid back

Kirugi (sp??) She'll be going to her new home in Austria soon!

Mo, the colt. I love his markings but Trish says the last foal she had with grey markings turned all white so chances are he will too.

Mo again

Takai the grey mare (she's the one that was a pinto like Mo), Whisper the black mare and Hokaido the bay

Whisper, Hokkaido and a 2 year old bay filly (forgetting her name). Whisper is coming to my BF's barn tomorrow so we'll have two horses we can ride there (his second horse is only 2 so a bit young to ride yet).

2 year old filly and the old girl of the group Sage. She's 23 if I remember correctly but you would never guess it! I rode her yesterday on the trail ride as lead the whole way and she was keeping pace quicker than Whisper! LOL

LOL maybe next weekend, I never remember the camera on the ride, heck yesterday I forgot the compass! I was glad the heat kept the ride short so there were less chances of getting lost :p

BostonBanker

Very cool! I want some in-motion shots - I'd love to see how them move. Those guys are much less drafty than the ones we have locally.

We had a cute little white pony at our old barn who we discovered was actually a grey/white pinto only when we gave her a bath and saw the spots on her skin.

BB, I will try and get some next time I'm up, maybe even a video. There are some on youtube just search Yanagi Stables CUrly Horses. Big John is a stud that should come up which is hers as well. One neat thing with him (and that is not uncommon with curlies) is that he sheds his tail every year. Trish is breeding for the Sporthorse variety of curlies. Ones less drafty like you said. These guys are hypoallergenic (like poodles) so people with allergies to horses arent as bothered by them (their fur doesn't hold on to dust and dander as much).

Izzy, Japan is where the owner first began learning about this breed, hence the theme. I loved the names but its turned into a bugger for me to remember them all, and know how to pronounce them! lol

Members online

No members online now.