another mauling....real sad!

Amstaffer

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/local/ci_3479318

Another sad story. When I heard it reported on TV they said it was a English Mastiff but the website says Bull Mastiff. I sure wish people would secure their pets better, especially if they know they are protective or aggressive.

I see Bull Mastiffs are becoming more and more popular because of their look and size, I hope that poor owners and breeders don't make the Bull Mastiff the next infamous breed.

Last edited:

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
Thats horrible!:( Masstifs are suppose to be known as "Gentle Giants" they are loyal to thier family and love to please! This breed would make a great compainion if the owner would take the time to train them properly... I hope these beautiful dogs don't get a bad rep like rotties and pits, I wish owners would be more responsible for their dogs!:mad:

"It is not a criminal investigation, Marino said."

This is just silly. People are deliberately buying dogs both capable of easily killing people and, in many cases, developed to do just that, and there's no legal incentive for them to maintain the animals securely. It's nearly impossible to prosecute a person for their dog's behavior, even when it's fairly easy to prove that the owner had prior knowledge of/caused that behavior. This makes everyone, prosecutors, cops, local officials, everyone in the business of protecting the community, reluctant to pursue dog-aggression cases. They're loser cases, and who wants to waste their time?
I think the law needs to change so owners can more easily be prosecuted when their pet attacks, injures or kills. The final straw for me was the Whipple case in California, where Presa Canarios killed a woman and the owners spent a total of 2 years in prison and are still fighting to have their convictions (for involuntary manslaughter and owning a mischevious animal) overturned. The most extreme, aggressive, vicious owner behavior ever exhibited ends in two dogs tearing an adult woman to death as one owner watches indifferently, and the owners get 2 years? Something should change.

pitbulliest

I heard about that case...*sigh*
everyone keeps saying
"this needs to change" "that needs to be strengthened"
But do you guys notice that no one is really listening to our concerns? No matter what people are suggesting, politicians still see BSL as the fit conclusion... no one is being protected, but on the contrary...

*sigh*....GOD HELP US!
*hits head against wall*

Amstaffer

It is easier for the ignorant politician to ban stuff rather than address the real problem....a sick culture of abuse and apathy.

R

RedyreRottweilers

I feel that the person owning this dog should be liable for, at the minimum manslaughter.

When are people going to learn that dogs MUST be kept confined???

How sad for the family. :(

Members online

No members online now.