CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
First, he looked like this

Puppy! by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

And was the most cutest thing ever. And did a lot of this

Sleepy by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

Why Yes, your hat is comfy by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

Zonk by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

The he got a bit bigger and started going places with me. And wearing silly costumes like this

Jones is not impressed by CharlieDogist, on Flickr
And finally got a name after two weeks!

Then he started looking more like this

From Where I Stand (in my pajamas) by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

Ohai. Where have you been? by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

And doing more of this

GIMME THAT by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

Aha! Gotcha! by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

And a LOT less of this

This is comfortable by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

He's also doubled his weight, and quite nearly doubled his height. Weigh in/height check is Mondays. He was 4.5 pounds when I got him. On the 7th, he was 5.5. On the 14th he was 6.7. We'll see what he is this Monday, besides a booger. His ears have hit the wonky stage, one is trying to be a Collie ear, the other is trying to be a Lab ear. He's been to Petsmart and Tractor Supply several times. The feed store, a couple parties/get-togethers and a few different family members houses. He's met all of my dogs except Knox, my mothers Boxers, my sisters Huskies and her Dane and my friends GSD mix.

He's finally quiet in the crate at home (after nearly three weeks of nonstop screaming) and as long as I'm playing Modest Mouse (seriously, this guy has taste in music) is quiet in the car. He knows "sit" "down" and "wait" and is learning that the leash isn't evil, and he still has enough puppy in him that running away makes him come hauling butt to you.

He's quite a lot of fun, and I can't wait until he's old enough (and has all of his puppy shots, or at least the ones I'm comfortable giving) to start working on the floor and going places. He's attending a puppy socialization class at the end of the month as well, and when he's had his last round of puppy shots he'll be going to daycare a few times with my brother.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Week 1; This is my dog.

Puppy! by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

Week 2; Portrait

Gummy Bearz tastes good by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

Week 3; Nap Time

Sleepy by CharlieDogist, on Flickr
I'll be updating this thread with occasional pictures from the 365 I'm attempting to do with him, as well as our 52 weeks of Chaz dogs that I'm ALSO attempting to do with him. We'll see, but it's quite a lot of fun doing this with a puppy. It'll be interesting if I do keep up to see the first and last pictures in the set, so wish us luck!

I'll also be trying to keep a training log here with everywhere we go and what we're working on. Hopefully. :p

Toller_08

He is so adorable! He sounds like a really nice pup. I am excited to see what he's going to look like as an adult. :)

Also, Journey is glad to see she's not the only one who has to endure goofy tape on her ears sometimes.

wishbone

Very irresistible face, Jone's is so precious! Make sure to always take photos of him and share here because time will surely fly so fast...

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Thanks everyone! Jones is his official name. We're getting ready to go out and have a big day again.

And Toller, I have no idea what to do with his ears at this point. This picture shows what they're doing the best, and I have no clue how to get the one that's fallen over to get uppy like the other one. I'm going for tipped ears, not hanging or rose ears if I can get away with it lol

Torch

Thanks everyone! Jones is his official name. We're getting ready to go out and have a big day again.

And Toller, I have no idea what to do with his ears at this point. This picture shows what they're doing the best, and I have no clue how to get the one that's fallen over to get uppy like the other one. I'm going for tipped ears, not hanging or rose ears if I can get away with it lol

Love it.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Just some pictures from the past week or so.

We have some serious love for the guys at Discount Tire here in Georgia. They're always SUPER cool about having the dog come in and wait with you. Provided the dog is clean and well behaved of course. If Jones had started acting up, we would have waiting outside, but he did super! He wasn't afraid of anyone, ignored the noises of tires being changed and put back on, heard horns and saw a lot more people

Getting Our Tires Rotated by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

He's very curious now about what's going on around him. Less involved in his own little world, and wants to be more involved in what *I'm* doing at any given moment.

What ARE you eating?! by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

He's discovered the joys of tennis balls, and can actually pick one up now, haha

Already A Bit Tennis Ball Obsessed by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

And he's quickly becoming alllll legs

All Legs! by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

I don't know if this is a normal puppy thing, I don't remember Ozzy being so fascinated by keys/metal, but Jones loves to play with my keyring. I generally let him because there's nothing he can really screw up on it lol

NomnomKeysss by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

His puppy class got pushed back to the end of the month, but it gives him a little more time to grow up. He's finally riding quietly in the crate in the car, and is quite in the crate at home unless he needs to go outside. We've been pee/poop in the house free for a week and a half! Yay! lol

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
He almost looks JRT-ish now. He's already larger than Ozzy was at this age, from what I can remember. His current size is how big Oz was at around 5 months I think. He's just three. I think he's going to be a big dog lol

I Solemnly Swear... by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

He looks really Collie like though, in some of his pictures. I can't seem to find a whole lot of tri-color smooth Collie puppy pictures though.

Wth Are You Wearing? by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

And then in some pictures he looks hardly Collie at all lol

A Rare Moment Now by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

Is It Time For My Close Up? by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

This is how he thinks carts are meant to be ridden in. It's blurry, but you get the idea lol

Is This Not How You Ride? by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

He's kind of a velcro puppy. If he even thinks I'm getting up to go somewhere, he's up and following me around, even from a sound sleep :p

Is Tired. Go'way by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

RD

Are you dead yet?
Is he a border jack? Adorable puppy. Holy crap.

Members online