The Venting Thread

darkchild16

We are Home.
Im a farm/ranch girl so i have & need a truck LOL. i have an 02 GMC sierra ext cab that i absolutely love, i gave up my first truck (98 chevy Z 71 wiith a 454) because it got 15 miles on the HW if it was lucky for a eco car & i regretted every day of it. Major PITA when i needed to haul things & couldnt & also it was a major cramp in my style too. plus ranch roads arent kind to hybrids/cars.
meh cheaper gas was more important to us. I hate driving it down our dirt roads but it drives down them so it works. I went from lifted 1500 trucks to small cars.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Apparently they don't serve dressing on the side of a salad when you ask for it, but when you get a to go order of the same salad, they can? I asked for my dressing on the side and the waitress said "we can't do that, it comes with the dressing on it". Wtf? Last time I checked, lettuce didn't grow with Caesar dressing already on it. When I pay $11 for a salad, I want the dressing I want. And we got the same salad to go for my sister who was at work, and she just opened the bag and they had the dressing on the side. WHAT THE HELL!?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
our ranch / county roads can get pretty nasty when/if it rains & they are compiled of river rocks & arent the most maintained (at least ours isnt, appearently the county only cares about the roads the school buses have to go down) & when it rains forget it, im actually thinking about getting a four wheel drive next time.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I have my period.

WHINEEEEEEE

I just want to curl up someplace warm and eat everything and cry and watch netflix.

but I have work..and school.

If men went through this, there would be a week off every month FOR SURE. There would be days of condolences, it would be paid leave, it would be considered RIDICULOUS to expect men to work while their bodies were being attacked internally, there would be contests about it, men would boast of their days of bravery.

But no.
I'm a girl.
and my body hates me.

darkchild16

We are Home.
I have my period.

WHINEEEEEEE

I just want to curl up someplace warm and eat everything and cry and watch netflix.

If men went through this, there would be a week off every month FOR SURE. There would be days of condolences, it would be paid leave, it would be considered RIDICULOUS to expect men to work while their bodies were being attacked internally, there would be contests about it, men would boast of their days of bravery.

But no.
I'm a girl.
and my body hates me.
I have mine too Fran RIGHT when we are moving as well. :rolleyes:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I have my period.

WHINEEEEEEE

But no.
I'm a girl.
and my body hates me.
yeah men are babies, they are the whinest wimpiest creatures on the planet... tougher stronger sex my ass. :rolleyes: my SO complains all the time about how he has a headache or his body hurts or whatever, but if i mention that i have a headaache or im tired or MY body hurts i get "OMG you always complain when you visit me you never feel good etc..." WTF????:p

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I am so lucky lol. Brian is not a complainer for the little things. He is in need of a hip replacement and it causes him immense pain but he almost never complains. When I do complain (usually during my period lol) he is super about babyin me and making sure I don't have to lift a finger lol

My vent is my ARM is dead. After holding kids yesterday it was sore thos morning and then we had bowling this afternoon and it is super sore now lol. Tomorrow it is going to be useless I just know it

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
While I figured out how to hook my laptop up to use my tv as a monitor, I don't have the cables for the audio which is a bummer but totally not hugely important. I just can't run my heater at the same time as I'm watching.

CaliTerp07

My whole school district's website is down...which means I can't VPN into the network...which means I can't access all my files...which means I'm starting from scratch for my lessons tomorrow, unless I'd rather get into work at 6 am tomorrow and hope the server is back up. GAH.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My whole school district's website is down...which means I can't VPN into the network...which means I can't access all my files...which means I'm starting from scratch for my lessons tomorrow, unless I'd rather get into work at 6 am tomorrow and hope the server is back up. GAH.
That sucks :(

Movie day? lol.. or maybe a jeopardy kind of question/answer team building kind of thing?

CaliTerp07

That sucks :(

Movie day? lol.. or maybe a jeopardy kind of question/answer team building kind of thing?
"Work on your weekly problem set day" :D

I think I actually pulled something together pretty quickly. Luckily we're in a review block, so I created a card sort and a review sheet and then I'll let them work on their homework for a good 20 minutes under the guise of "getting help if they need it". Should be a relatively painless block.

I haven't played jeopardy yet this year. I need to pull that out.

darkchild16

We are Home.
"Work on your weekly problem set day" :D

I think I actually pulled something together pretty quickly. Luckily we're in a review block, so I created a card sort and a review sheet and then I'll let them work on their homework for a good 20 minutes under the guise of "getting help if they need it". Should be a relatively painless block.

I haven't played jeopardy yet this year. I need to pull that out.
Jeopardy days were my FAVORITE even in classes I HATED.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
My brother and I went to order dinner online, and the assholes must have closed early, cause it wouldn't let us place the order with half an hour of delivery left. I KNOW they weren't closed all day... my sister had already gotten food...

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I hated jeopardy... usually just because I didn't study so I never knew the answers lol. :p But it did always help me on tests, because jeopardy pretty much WAS my studying.

CaliTerp07

Jeopardy days were my FAVORITE even in classes I HATED.
me too, even math class :/
The problem is, my kids have never even seen jeopardy...but don't get me wrong, we play tons of review games. I play "SURVIVOR" where if your team gets a question right, you get to pop another team's balloon...it's fun to watch them form "alliances" and strategize. When it's nice out, we'll go outside and do the problems in chalk on the sidewalk--they got a kick out of that.

Tomorrow we're playing math poker in my regular algebra class. For every problem you get to bet money ahead of time, and if you get it right you add the money, you get it wrong you subtract. If you run out of money you have to do something silly at the front of the room to earn back money. I'll probably get fired for encouraging gambling...:popcorn:

Members online