Pit Bull forums

I don't recall that post off the top of my head, but I can guarantee you that he would have been all alone in his thinking that that is how you "train" a dog.

Don't judge an entire forum based on a handful of idiots. If that were the case, I wouldn't have stayed here. ;)
Oh dear Lord Mia...back in action live and direct LMAO. Words of wisdom my dear friend. I can feel your fiesty all the way in Georgia...:D

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Lindsay,

I didn't know all the political stuff going on at PBF. I don't get to read everything there.

I don't down, or think less of, people who get their dogs from breeders. I think buying from a responsible breeder and working/proving your dog is what is going to keep the APBT alive (obviously). But, I have no idea if I am going to get a dog for show/work one day and until I'm sure of that, I'd rather rescue. I am new to the whole "sport/show/work your dog" thing. I have a LOT of respect for those that do work their dogs and show them.

But rescue people get bashed, too, as well as those that buy from breeders. People who rescue pit bulls are often treated, by those who are hardcore APBT breed enthusiasts, as though we have no idea what a pit bull is, or like we are all bleeding hearts who really think the breed name is "Pibble".

I guess there are extremes on both sides. Sorry I was so freakin' whiney in my last post. I don't think I could have been more sensitive.:lol-sign:

I guess there are extremes on both sides. Sorry I was so freakin' whiney in my last post. I don't think I could have been more sensitive.:lol-sign:
LOL! There are various kinds of sensitive. On one board which shall remain nameless, I flinch whenever I see certain users' names on threads I've posted in. On PBF, it is one particular person (who shall also remain nameless) who makes me cringe. So in a way, I'm overly sensitive to their presence. Vigorous beatings from certain militant anti-breeder factions has made me far more sensitive to anti-breeder sentiment than I would be normally. They skeer me. (Not really.) :lol-sign:

Chewbecca

feel the magic
If I was treated like that for rescuing, I'd give them my opinion and leave that forum ASAP.
It's not a particular forum, is a few select people that post on almost ALL the pit bull forums. Mean people crop up everywhere.:D
I take what they say with a grain of salt. Hopefully this summer we are going to be fencing in part of our yard with a privacy fence which will allow me to do WAY MORE with Ella than I can now. I can walk her and bike ride with her (well, Ben bike rides with her, she's yanked me off the bike one too many times), but I cannot do stuff like weight pull, spring pole, or real flirtpole with her. But a fenced in yard is going to mean a LOT of opportunities to work my dog. I cannot wait!

Bahamutt99, ok great! more forums to check out lol

I put them all in bookmarks to check out when I have time ;)

Thanks alot :D

Members online

No members online now.