Whats the difference between SynoviG3 Soft chews and granules?

dogmation

The soft chews a cheaper but appear to have the same ingrediants. Is there anything different about the two?

The soft chews a cheaper but appear to have the same ingrediants. Is there anything different about the two?

One is used to mix in with the food (granules) and the other is given like a treat. Probably get more by weight from the granules and that is the reason the chews are cheaper? Notice no balance between 3 and 6's. May not be a good thing if what your doing is now is already Omega 3 heavy? I think balance is the better option, however it is better from what I understand to be heavier with 6's and not vice versa. Omega 6's can convert if there is a shortage of 3's but it doesn't work the other way around, 3's cannot make up lacking 6's? If you have problem in this area,
you would need another additive. I would go with a teaspoonful of natural sunflower oil or maybe two for a larger breed as a daily addition. Again, I don't feel it would be a good thing to way over or under in regards to the 3 and 6's; balance is going to work best, but if not possible, then heavier in 6's than 3's is the better option IMO. Why natural sunflower oil? Hands down IMO it is clearly the best choice, better than corn, palm, canola, etc., and a valuable backup source of omega 6's.

Members online