The dog musing/vent thread

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I may or may not have reached into the back of Wesley's throat multiple times when he was a youth, about to swallow his baby tooth, and saved it, bhuahaha, for some reason I felt we had to have some.

But really, I am just so excited for puppy. I just feel like this is 'the' right puppy, it just feels so wonderfully right and like what I was waiting for. I can't wait to bring her home. It's going to be hectic, and a ton of work, but so much fun.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I want a puppy so I can play with the puppies at the new puppy agility class my trainer is doing. I just want all the puppies!

k9krazee

I have severe puppy want combined with dread & nervousness. The uncertainties and unknown. The what-ifs. Starting from the ground up with training. Learning all the little things. Learning a new dog. Etc, etc, etc. Puppies scare me. >.<

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I almost want to ask if I can just come watch the puppy class lol. Probably wouldn't cure my puppy fever... would probably make it worse.

Airn

I am thankful that I have no puppy want. They're cute but they grow up. And having to train foster dogs to not **** in my house is enough of a deterrent for me.

DON'T SEND THE PUPPIES HERE!

On the plus side, it really makes me appreciate how awesome my dog is. I love her :)

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
So proud of Quinny! I wasn't sure how she'd be with Ned, but she's been so awesome. She ignored him for the first while, but now she'll play a bit with him and is so good at correcting him (fairly) when he's rude (which is good because Dally lets puppies walk all over her). If she is good with Ned's leaping at her face and barking, I have hope that she'll be just as good, or even better with my next ES puppy.

Maisy is like Old Iron Guts. She almost never gets sick. But when she does... it is epic in quantity and gross factor. Girl knows how to purge the bad humors.

She also has a way of magically stopping and falling asleep juuuuust when I'm about to transition from "watchful concern" to "slightly alarmed." So there's that.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I really need to get rid of my subscription to my local area pets FB group. I might just get banned. A person just posted.

``Hello I am interested in breeding my dog she is 2 and is a small pure bread shih tzu and looking for any info I can get on breading. Thank you.``

and yes she spelled shih tzu and breeding wrong.

I replied and said things nicely, but I have a feeling I just might get banned if people don`t take my reply nicely ha ha

I hate people sometimes.

I really need to get rid of my subscription to my local area pets FB group. I might just get banned. A person just posted.

``Hello I am interested in breeding my dog she is 2 and is a small pure bread shih tzu and looking for any info I can get on breading. Thank you.``

and yes she spelled shih tzu and breeding wrong.

I replied and said things nicely, but I have a feeling I just might get banned if people don`t take my reply nicely ha ha

I hate people sometimes.
It might be for the best to just leave. lol Better for your nerves.
I was kicked out of two local pit bull groups on FB. The first, because I have an intact dog. Oh the horror! Apparently, despite the fact that I don't breed and have never produced even one puppy, I can't have an intact dog without being irresponsible. Oh and I also help out rescues. But that didn't matter. I'm the problem. The second group I was kicked out of was because I posted against a fake registry that just takes peoples money and gives worthless papers. It was full of backyard breeders anyway. I'm not missing anything.

Shakou

Made some new stock dog friends out here who want to show me the wonderful world of herding. I freakin' love ranchers!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Two parvo cases at work today - I luckily was able to avoid handling them all day long, but was helping to sanitize the exam rooms they were in, so as a safety precaution, I doused my shoes in the parvo-killing cleaner just to be safe. What does Abrams do as soon as I get home? LICK MY SHOES BECAUSE APPARENTLY THAT DESANITIZER IS AWESOME.

Stupid dog.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Off to get some last minute things, pack up the car, prep Penny& head off to our hunt trial :D I'm super excited and also nervous. She has a great recall ..but I fear it will disappear a little in the presence of birds. I've spent the last 6 days taking her on hikes with lots of distractions& recalling her. I hope it pays off& I don't look like a tool :/ So ..hoping my dog decides to behave& that we come away with a really fun experience!

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Blossom has been having digestive issues and lost quite a bit of weight recently, which she didn't really have to lose in the first place. She's now at the "no body fat left but still has muscle" point, and it ain't pretty. I can basically see every rib, spine, and lots of hip. She's been having really horrid diarrhea and is also absolutely DUMPING hair everywhere. Her coat is kind of brittle and weird.

I treated her for worms/giardia with Panacur (and everybody else in the house to prevent reinfection). No help. I cut out chicken because I suspected she was reacting to it. She was ok for like a day and now the terrible diarrhea is back.

Someone suggested EPI, I said, "Ppppfffttt, oh no, I don't think so...." until I googled it. :( And now I really, really think so. And I'm really upset and scared. I know it can be manageable but it's still upsetting. She has all of the most common symptoms, more or less textbook. And a decent amount of GSD in her ancestry as well (though I know it can affect all breeds).

Calling a local clinic this morning to make an appt for Monday and get blood tests run.

I'm so worried about my dog. :(

Poor Blossom, I hope she feels better.

My musing- if you want to convince the neighbors that you are not weird, chasing after you coy while screaming "if you don't get back here there will be NO spankings tonight" is pobably not the way to do it.

I promise, he really does see getting spanked as some creepy reward. I suspect that he has secret pinings for whips and leather

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Poor Blossom, I hope she feels better.

My musing- if you want to convince the neighbors that you are not weird, chasing after you coy while screaming "if you don't get back here there will be NO spankings tonight" is pobably not the way to do it.

I promise, he really does see getting spanked as some creepy reward. I suspect that he has secret pinings for whips and leather
I am so tired, and so exhausted, but I laughed so hard at that.

Members online