Which dehydrated would you prefer...

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Both my dogs and my mom's puppy eat THK no problem - with meat mixed in or no. TKH is Ollie's primary diet and he does great on it. Macky has also eaten it while on vacation and had zero digestive problems transitioning.

Personally, though, I don't think it has enough meat it. My mom adds raw ground meat to for Ollie.

AGREED!
Fozzie stopped eating THK after a week... like, wouldn't eat it with a WHOLE CAN of 100% meat Evangers mixed in with a tiny bit of it. Needless to say, they have a horrible return policy, and I lost $80. Fozzie will eat anything!!! Whole tomatoes... pickles... etc

Get like 10 samples of it first. I noticed that he had little pieces of dried vegetables in his poop, and huge poops, which I hated.
Really? Did you try returning it directly to The Honest Kitchen, or to the store you bought it from?

We'll take returns on any food product, provided there's more than half the bag left and it's been less than 45 days.

Only one thing left to do: Mix some up for Mira when we visit and she will demonstrate how to eat it for Traveler and Didgie lol
I would so have given it to you but I used it for baking things about two years ago. They would eat it backed into treats. Stupid dogs.

monkeys23

My dogs would eat THK grain free no problem, but they are food whores. I felt pretty lukewarm about what it did for them nutritionally though.

Have used S&C's patties broken up as treats and those were fine.

I'd probably go with Ziwipeak honestly if I had to use a dehydrated. Usually I always have my trusty cooler with me though. :)

Missy will gladly eat Honest Kitchen, but she'll eat pretty much anything if it's even remotely edible. Jack (who normally will eat any raw/canned/soft foods) refused to touch it. Same with the Sojos - Missy loved it, Jack wouldn't touch it. He loves both the Stella & Chewys freeze-dried, and the Primal freeze-dried, though.

I really like all four of those brands, but I would only use THK or Sojos for complete meals - the Primal and S&C are way too expensive. I usually use them for treats and Kong stuffing.

Kilter

You can also get dehydrated tripe, it breaks down quite well and would mix into the nrg without a problem, if eating it is an issue. When are you leaving? I can see if I can get some to you if you can't find it in Calgary.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Really? Did you try returning it directly to The Honest Kitchen, or to the store you bought it from?

We'll take returns on any food product, provided there's more than half the bag left and it's been less than 45 days.
I tried both... neither would take it back. The pet boutique I bought it from has nice owners that I know, but the company literally will NOT do returns, and they get a lot of people trying to return it. They eventually stopped selling the food, they just sell the supplements and the treats now.

Members online

No members online now.