Movie ideas?

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I agree about How to Train Your Dragon. I don't buy movies normally but I have this movie and watch it all the time when I'm bored.

Kickass is funny. I love the guy who plays Red Mist. I think his name is Christopher Mintz-Plasse. His nerdy humor always cracks me up.

I like going back and watching Mulan. An animated Disney movie where the main female character isn't a damsel in distress? Yes please!

I just watched Suckerpunch. It is an interesting movie and has some really nice looking parts.

I'll also throw in my Liam Nelson fan status. I really liked the movie Taken.
Taken is one of my favorite movies. LOVE that movie.
And I agree 150% about what you said regarding Mulan. I love that movie too.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Taken was one of those movies that everyone liked that I didn't like so much, actually.

Pan's Labyrinth... I'm okay with just seeing that one the one time. Good movie but don't want to see it again.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Liam Neeson fans should see "Rob Roy" if they haven't. That's one that I watch every time it's on. I can be about to go to bed, scrolling through the movies and such that are currently playing and see it. 3 hours later, I'm going to bed knowing that I have to drag my butt out of bed soon, but hey, I got to watch Rob Roy :rofl1:

Red.Apricot

It might be too close to action/adventure, but I really liked The Usual Suspects. It has a twist!

Bottle Shock is surprisingly intense, and really good.

Death at a Funeral, the original British version is hilarious.

The Dinner Game is side-splittingly funny; it's in French.

The Birdcage with Robin Williams is very funny.

I really liked The King's Speech.

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia is a fascinating documentary.

The Life and Hard Times of Guy Terrifico; great mockumentary about a country music supersensation from Canada. Quirky.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I liked the last Alice In Wonderland really well too, the one with Johnny Depp.
Me to!
That dance he does makes me LOL everytime. And of course, the cracked out mouse (or was it the rabbit? lol) was funny to.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Ow if you like dustin Hoffman and comedy. Little Big Man. It is old but insanely funny. I am actually going to hunt down my tale tonight dust off the vcr and wow the kids by using the relics to watch it.

Ow if you like dustin Hoffman and comedy. Little Big Man. It is old but insanely funny. I am actually going to hunt down my tale tonight dust off the vcr and wow the kids by using the relics to watch it.
Awesome movie. Another old good one is Harold and Maude.

Loved that movie!

A series I WILL one day own is the Once Upon a Time in China series. Really beautiful, story and cinematography. You can tell Jet Li put his whole heart into the effort.

Also loved Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I need to find where I stashed my copy so I can watch it. I know where my copy of Ever After is though! ;)

Laur, if you haven't seen it, that's one you might really like. :)

mkj2013

Such a great and terrible movie, all at the same time.
It's filed away for me as "Amazing movie that I will NEVER watch again." Right up there with Atonement, gah, that movie totally screwed me up for a while. Also, The Orphanage. A great mixture of scary and terribly sad that I have yet to see another movie meet.

Duuuuude that movie really messed with my head lol. I spent half the movie muttering what the efffff. Lol you described my feelings of it perfectly.

Duuuuude that movie really messed with my head lol. I spent half the movie muttering what the efffff. Lol you described my feelings of it perfectly.
I'll confess. I watched Pan's Labyrinth four or five times. There was always a new depth to it, and I'll probably watch it again. It was kind of like Prospero's Books in that way. Like Dust, or Mirrormask.

JacksonsMom

I really like Dustin Hoffman. I am going to try and fine Little Big Man as I've never seen it.

I LOVED Kramer vs. Kramer from the late 70's, I believe. But I watched it on netflix one night a few months ago and was amazed how good I thought it was, and couldn't believe I had never seen it. But great great acting and storyline, especially great acting from the kid. I later learned he was the youngest to receive an Oscar nomination.

JacksonsMom

I'll confess. I watched Pan's Labyrinth four or five times. There was always a new depth to it, and I'll probably watch it again. It was kind of like Prospero's Books in that way. Like Dust, or Mirrormask.
Never seen Pan's Labyrinth, but I am a weirdo who often watches somewhat intense and/or depressing movies multiple times. Mystic River is one of my favorites, and really for most... that's like a watch one-time kind of movie - it's pretty dark, depressing, and somewhat slow at times, but god I just LOVE the emotion in it (not to mention the leads - Tim Robbins, Kevin Bacon, Sean Penn <33)

Miakoda

I've been in this mood as well, especially since I haven't been to a movie since "Knocked Up" was in theaters. lol

I recently watched "The Vow", and I would like to get my money back as well as that hour and forty-five minutes of my life.

I also just watched "War Horse", and of course I loved it. However, I first read the book in 1986, and I loved the book as a young girl, so it was inevitable that I loved the movie. :D

But, for my movie suggestion, I suggest "Warrior". It. was. awesome. Hands down one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I have a weird taste in movies. Anything remotely like Step Brothers (and any Will Ferrel movie) is a must-see for me. I also love (and this is hard to describe so bear with me) any kind of one-night epic life-changing for the main character type of movie. For example, Nick and Norah's infinite playlist, Take Me Home Tonight, Valentines Day, New Years Eve, etc. I also looooove any true love story. Like The Notebook (or any of the Nicholas Sparks renditions) or (and I know this is up for debate with most lol) The Twilight saga. I also love most horror movies. I also really like vampire/werewolf movies. I love Blood and Chocolate but they're not exactly werewolves I guess.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I have a weird taste in movies. Anything remotely like Step Brothers (and any Will Ferrel movie) is a must-see for me. I also love (and this is hard to describe so bear with me) any kind of one-night epic life-changing for the main character type of movie. For example, Nick and Norah's infinite playlist, Take Me Home Tonight, Valentines Day, New Years Eve, etc. I also looooove any true love story. Like The Notebook (or any of the Nicholas Sparks renditions) or (and I know this is up for debate with most lol) The Twilight saga. I also love most horror movies. I also really like vampire/werewolf movies. I love Blood and Chocolate but they're not exactly werewolves I guess.
I watched Blood and Chocolate, I really liked that movie.
I like werewolf movies lol.
Oh! 500 Days of Summer was REALLY good to and I don't usually like movies like that.
The Notebook, of course, is one of my all time favorites.

And I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE Tom Hanks fan. I own all of his movies but Road to Per... whatever its called lol
Saving Private Ryan is my all time favorite movie, so everyone should see it :D Also, Cast Away was awesome.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
I really like Dustin Hoffman. I am going to try and fine Little Big Man as I've never seen it.

I LOVED Kramer vs. Kramer from the late 70's, I believe. But I watched it on netflix one night a few months ago and was amazed how good I thought it was, and couldn't believe I had never seen it. But great great acting and storyline, especially great acting from the kid. I later learned he was the youngest to receive an Oscar nomination.
http://www.1channel.ch/watch-3711-Little-Big-Man

Where i go to watch most any movie is that site and they have it .

also Mystic River makes me cry , i love it .

EDIT~ anything by adam sandler , he is my comedy hero. and "women are da debil"! lol

2nd edit ~ they have old /new tv shows on there also.

Last edited:

Miakoda

Dakotah, it's "Road To Perdition". A very intense movie it was. :)

One of my odies but goodies favorites is "You've Got Mail". I actually watched it last night. :D It's a good movie, lots of funnies, and I get a kick out of the whole AOL stuff since I remember all that like it was yesterday. lol

I also love "The Notebook" (the movie...the book was kinda "what tha *#^*?!"). I haven't seen "Dear John", but I'd like to. I heard people liked "The Last Song", but I cannot stand Miley Cyrus, and I'm just baffled as to why she would ever be cast in a movie.

Members online

No members online now.