What is your secret breed?

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
Berger Picard. Not a fan of scruffy haired dogs, but I have some new friends who raise them and I'm quite intrigued by them.

milos_mommy

It might surprise people that I want a chihuahua or miniature poodle or shih tzu, since my favorite breeds are generally larger, high energy working dogs...

Also, maybe an akita...they're more of a guilty pleasure though...as I doubt one would ever fit into my life, but they're so beautiful and awesome...

Paige

Let it be
I'm also on the Mal bandwagon. There is something so appealing to me about them. I want one. I crave one. But it is so far from the right time to have one and I want to meet a lot before I make that kind of commitment.

Aleron

Berger Picard. Not a fan of scruffy haired dogs, but I have some new friends who raise them and I'm quite intrigued by them.
What are her's like? I have only had experience with them at Detroit Kennel Club's FSS display. They seem very sharp to me though. And I read that they tend to be rather independent. I get the idea that their temperament is like a Briard, only more intense. I really like the looks of them a lot and they seem like they could be cool dogs.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Yay for wanting chihuahuas! :)

My secret breed wants lately have been either a Tibetan Spaniel or a Pekingese.

Pekes remind me of hairier, smooshier faced Tuckers. I love how they have awesomely fluffy coats with minimal face fur.

And Tibbies are adorable...

darkchild16

We are Home.
Standard Poodle, Tibetan Spaniel (looked at them once when we were thinking about adding a small dog at moms), a Chi, and Black and Tan Coonhound.

My dads is a Mini. Sch. from APBT to mini sch. my stepmom is planning on getting one when he gets a bit better so he can have a lap dog.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
What are her's like? I have only had experience with them at Detroit Kennel Club's FSS display. They seem very sharp to me though. And I read that they tend to be rather independent. I get the idea that their temperament is like a Briard, only more intense. I really like the looks of them a lot and they seem like they could be cool dogs.
Very independent, but at the same time, very in tune with their people. I wouldn't call them 'sharp', but the only dogs I personally categorize as 'sharp' are working Malinois and some high drive GSD.

Their dogs are aloof and reserved with strangers (as they should be), but once they get to know you, they are really neat dogs and are sweet friendly (not licking you to death, but want to be petted). They aren't as "goofy" as the Briards I've known and tend to be more mellow in the way they carry themselves - not bouncy hyper, dragging you around at the other end of the leash. (Although the boys do when they want to get to the girls in front of them. :p )

RD

Are you dead yet?
Whippets.

I usually like high drive, high intensity dogs but I absolutely adore and will one day have a sweet, gentle little whippet.

I would looove to own a Rottweiler one day. Obviously I would have to move out of my parents' house first and settle down. But I just love those dogs, so beautiful! :)

AliciaD

On second thought...
Briards, especially with erect ears. There was a Briard with a puppy cut in the movie Easy A. That dog... so cute!

I have always owned herding breeds but I LOVE standard poodles. I am certainly not what you would stereotype as a poodle owner but I love their size, intelligence and athleticism. The ones I have met remind me a lot of my rough collie in temperament. Plus having a dog I can give a mohawk to is appealing lol. I plan on owning a large black spoo in the future. I also have a soft spot for chihuahuas.

For me...

Gordon Setters. I REALLY want one! That's probably at the top of my list.

I also like Giant Schnauzers, Boxers and currently I'm really starting to like Standard Poodles.... a lot!

I'll probably have a Gordon at some point. Not sure about the other breeds, probably not likely, but I do like them!

Well, my ideal dog is a medium to large high-drive, active dog (border collies or GSDs to be specific) but I actually would LOVE a mastiff-type dog, or an English bulldog. More because of their smushyfaces than traits I would look for but...still. Maybe someday.

Members online

No members online now.