The dog at the kennels

skyeblue

mut and proud of it!
Sam sighed as a couple and a child walked past his kennel, he didnt bark but all the other dogs did. Sam new it would get him nowhere he remembered when he was a pup he always loved his owner but one day they took him to the kennels and left him because they didnt have the time for him since he had grown up.
He had got used to dogs going in to the kennels then finding a new home straight away but now he was old, the oldest at the kennels, and nobody wanted him. His day consisted of being fed, sleeping then maybe pacing around his cramped kennel if he felt like it. People used to pick him out, with his shiny blue eyes and pink spotted nose, he was the favourite, not that they never wanted to take him just whenever he got to a new home the people would find a puddle on the carpet, or their best shoes eaten, and send him straight back.
Nobody loved him anymore since he was old and his coat had lost its shine, everyone took the young pups and he felt like saying "why wont you choose me? I'll love you more than any other dog". It would be hopeless anyway it was all labrador pup this and boxer pup that he was a mongrel and people especially didnt want an old mongrel! So Sam lay down in his ragged, rain soaked bed and fell asleep dreaming of a nicer life where he would get lots of hugs and kisses and especially love.
A bang on the kennel door awoke Sam and a man in a coat walked in, put a lead around his neck and walked him to the room where the old dogs went in but didnt come out of. He new this time would come the kennels were too full he had to be "disposed" of. Just as the man in the coat was about to open the door an old lady and her husband ran up to the man and shouted "wait!" He turned around in shock and so did Sam, the lady continued " dont kill him well take him" and although Sam didnt know what the lady was saying he seemed to understand that they wanted him. So he walked out of the kennels and jumped into a car thinking "finally ive got someone to love!"

How did ya like that I just made it up off the top of my head!!!

Members online

No members online now.