Michael Vick...

Dear Friends,
Please e-mail the sponsors of the Michael Vick Reality Show and express your opposition to their financial support of the program. As a result of their advertising, Vick is profiting from a lucrative reality television contract. This show must be canceled.

Of all the shows on television these corporations made a decision to support Michael Vick by advertising products during the show's air time. Some companies claim the 'didn't know it would be aired on Vick's program'. We feel they should 'know' who they are supporting.

Please help us send a message to the shameless sponsors of this show that we will boycott their products until they end their support of the program.

On behalf of the dogs Michael Vick fought, kicked, shot, hanged, electrocuted, drowned, and tortured...we thank you.

Nationwide Insurance
[email protected]

Footlocker
[email protected]

Ballys
[email protected]

Nivea
[email protected]

Applebees
[email protected]

General Motors, Buick & Chevrolet
[email protected]

Loreal
[email protected]

Denny's
[email protected]

Pizza Hut
You must log on here and fill out form:
PizzaHut.com ? Contact Us

Dave & Buster's World Headquarters
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
214-357-9588
To contact Guest Services please call (888) 300-1515 Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00 CST

Broadview Security Corporate Headquarters
972-871-3500
8880 Esters Blvd
Irving, TX 75063

From Paris with Love - PLEASE DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE.

The Crazies - PLEASE DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE.

Sample letter to cut and paste:
Dear Sponsor:

As a result of your advertising Michael Vick is profiting from a lucrative reality television contract. This show must be canceled. A boycott of your products and services will be broadcast immediately.

You made a decision to support Michael Vick. HAVE YOU NO SHAME? Vick would not have this show if he had not killed these dogs. He's making money off his KILLING & TORTURING.

STOP your support!

On behalf of the dogs Michael Vick fought, kicked, shot, hanged, electrocuted, drowned and tortured.

Thank You.

Tahla9999

Michael Vick said he cried in the first days of jail. Made me wonder how loud the dogs cried when they where being slammed on the ground.

MPP

petperson
FootLocker answered that they weren't going to do any more TV advertising for a looong time--or, as the guy put it,"in the recent future."

Applebee's said that they had never intended to advertise on this show and that they yanked their advertising as soon as they found out about it.

General Motors thanked me for my interest in buying a new car.

ACooper

I am going down the list right now!

General Motors thanked me for my interest in buying a new car.
I'm sorry, this isn't a comical thread by any means.......but ^that made me laugh my butt off! :rofl1: Not surprised though, it is GM after all, LOL

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
I emailed all the companies mentioned with a very polite letter. Can't wait to see the lack of responses I get.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Just FYI as somebody who works in media and ad scheduling - 99% of the time they have bought a daypart, not a part of one particular show. Their ad running during the timeslot that program is airing does not mean they are supporting that program.

MPP

petperson
Just FYI as somebody who works in media and ad scheduling - 99% of the time they have bought a daypart, not a part of one particular show. Their ad running during the timeslot that program is airing does not mean they are supporting that program.
This is pretty much what one advertiser told me. I answered back that they were a big and important account, and if they raised h--l about being associated with such a despicable person, I was positive accommodations would be made. Oh, yes. Those were the FootLocker folks. An actual, genuine person wrote back that they weren't doing TV advertising any more.

I AM sorry to be such a blabbermouth on this thread. Please excuse my bad manners.

DanL

With all the animal testing cosmetics companies do, the fact that L'oreal is on the list doesn't surprise me at all.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
Nivea's reply to my ultra-polite email :)

Hello Ms Campbell,

Thank you for contacting us about "The Michael Vick Reality Project" on BET. We respect viewers' choices in programming and regret any offense that may have been taken by the airing of our advertising during this show.

NIVEA purchases blocks of advertising with BET and provides general guidelines regarding programming content. We did not request that our advertising run during "The Michael Vick Reality Project" and have since learned that the ad ran during the show without our knowledge. Like you, we have concluded that it is not appropriate for our products to be advertised on this program and have instructed our advertising agency buyers that no purchases be made against this program in the future.

The opinions of our consumers are very important to us in how we develop and market our products. Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns.

Cordially,

Sam
Consumer Relations
Beiersdorf Inc.

And from Nationwide:

Ashley Campbell

February 24, 2010

Nationwide OCR Ref # 2118867

Dear Ms. Campbell:

Nationwide does not sponsor the Michael Vick program, and does not endorse the series in any manner.

Nationwide does however, purchase advertising on cable television, including BET.

As part of a rotation of commercials on BET, our commercial did air during the premier of the Michael Vick show without our knowledge.

Upon learning this, Nationwide took immediate action to assure our commercials will no longer air during the Michael Vick show.

We appreciate your concerns and thank you for your feedback.

Sincerely,

Susan Childs
Nationwide Insurance
Customer Relations

Hell, at least I wasn't ignored. Actually, all companies contacted said basically the same thing "We do not endorse him and have had our commercials pulled from that time block for the future" etc...nice.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Im still going to see "The Crazies".

Honestly he's not worth my time to email all these companies "supporting him" and then get back a form letter. Doesent mean I like or agree with anything he has done.

Its just not worth my time. Im sure plenty more will email these companies and complain way better than I ever could.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
Im still going to see "The Crazies".

Honestly he's not worth my time to email all these companies "supporting him" and then get back a form letter. Doesent mean I like or agree with anything he has done.

Its just not worth my time. Im sure plenty more will email these companies and complain way better than I ever could.
To tell you the truth, what I did was I made one email, sent it to myself, and BCC'ed the other email addresses, so they all got 1 email the same and I didn't have to send multiple times, lol.

Every company except FOOTLOCKER, has shared their concern and said they have pulled their advertising for that slot. Bally total fitness and others stated clearly they have pulled their advertisements during the slot for that show due to it's nature. Footlocker doesn't care.

Footlocker said they will continue to advertise during that slot - guess where I will no longer buy shoes from. That shows their ethics clear as day.

Juicy

To tell you the truth, what I did was I made one email, sent it to myself, and BCC'ed the other email addresses, so they all got 1 email the same and I didn't have to send multiple times, lol.

Every company except FOOTLOCKER, has shared their concern and said they have pulled their advertising for that slot. Bally total fitness and others stated clearly they have pulled their advertisements during the slot for that show due to it's nature. Footlocker doesn't care.

Footlocker said they will continue to advertise during that slot - guess where I will no longer buy shoes from. That shows their ethics clear as day.
:yikes: Glad I don't live where you are, I would be out of a job, they cut enough hours as it is after the holidays. I think this is unfair to the employees, because we get comission from it, not to mention we have a JOB, because of it.

I'm selling shoes made by Kobe, think I care about his cheating self? Nope, but it puts money in my pocket...I'm sorry with this economy, I'm just thankful I have a job!

I don't know much about sponsers, I don't pay any attention who's sponsering what. You don't know what the head of each company's like, for example the guy who made Von Dutch was a neo-nazi.....does NOT represent the company as a whole, what kind of person/people who runs the company are/want to represent/support.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
Well luckily I have a choice in where I want to spend $100 on a pair of Nikes - and Footlocker it won't be. If I know about it and feel that the company is repulsive for supporting it, then I don't buy stuff from there. Kind of like Target.

jesirose

Well luckily I have a choice in where I want to spend $100 on a pair of Nikes - and Footlocker it won't be. If I know about it and feel that the company is repulsive for supporting it, then I don't buy stuff from there. Kind of like Target.
What's up with Target?

Lolas Dad

The following is a response from L'Oreal

February 24, 2010

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the Michael Vick Project on BET.

Due to last minute programming changes, BET inadvertently aired a L'Oréal commercial without our knowledge.

We would like you to know that we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that our advertising does not appear on this program again.

The opinions of our customers are very important to us. Thanks again for contacting us with your concern.

Best wishes,
Alice
Consumer Affairs Coordinator
Ref # 5457375

ACooper

Same here, I got the same responses (form letters) back from everyone saying they are taking steps NOT to have their air time during that slot.........except foot locker. They pretty much stated they had a relationship with BET and didn't control when their commercial was aired........well here, read it yourselves:

Dear Angela:

Thank you for taking the time to write to us to express your sentiments regarding our recent advertising during The Michael Vick Project which
airs on BET.

We respect your concerns and place a high priority on our customers’ needs and opinions. We encourage and welcome all feedback and believe open communication is a crucial factor in running a successful business.

Through the years, Foot Locker has established a meaningful relationship with BET. It has become an important media vehicle for Foot Locker as it allows us to reach our core consumers.

Generally, BET sells blocks of advertising time rather than media buys based on individual programs. This means that Foot Locker does not choose the program that is showing when our commercial airs. Please know that we would not intentionally advertise on programs that may be considered inappropriate or offensive to our consumers.

As the world’s leading athletic retailer, we continually strive for customer satisfaction and will take your views into serious consideration when evaluating our future media buys.

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Sincerely,

Karen
Customer Service
And yes, I'm sure we all understand how advertising works.........you buy airtime, the station plays it when they choose. BUT, if enough people speak out, and enough companies refuse to have their 'purchased airtime' be during that show, one would think it'd be canceled for lack of funding ;)

Members online

No members online now.