Roxie had enough of the fila-monster teeth

filarotten

Fila the love
As you all know Brutus is getting his adult teeth. And they are getting huge! For the last few days he has been trying them out on everybody. He seems to find great pleasure in hearing the new top teeth hitting the bottom teeth. This is actually quite loud and runs chills down your spine and he is walking by you going chomp,chomp, chomp. (You know fingernails on a chalkboard.) But much more crisp and consise(SP) I have never had a dog do this..so erie. Anyway he has really been pushing it with Roxie. She has been very laid back with him. Only growling when he got to rambuctious. He has been using her ears for teeting practice since the big teeth have emerged. Lastnight she had enough. He was nipping, pulling and Chewing on her ears like a piece of rawhide. She jumped up and rammed him in the side knocking him over. (You have to realize Brutus in only a few inches shorter than her now, but she is still heavier and stockier) She held him down by his neck,wasn't biting at it but was holding him and put his little butt into submission. The look on his face was utter shock, I am sure mine and my husbands was too. we both stood up. She let him up after a minute, and then laid down. He sat up and spun around like a top on his butt. Once he quit spinning. (it looked so funny) he of couse had to play major suck up(boy these filas do that well) and all seemed to be forgiven by her. Today he has not bit anyone or anything. I have not seen Roxie move that fast in ages. Poor Roxie. He has put her thru the mill. Thank goodness for her helping me raise this monster. I have seen some new gray hairs on her lately I am sure this is partly due to Brutus. Bless her heart.

Melissa_W

Oh my gosh, what a funny story. Maybe you should hire Roxie out to set other people's pups straight. ;) :p

filarotten

Fila the love
Hey, that is not a bad idea. Roxie for hire......Renee said Bimmer has helped her so much with her filas. I completely understand why. You have to have a back up to get it thru their thick skulls. Oh, and we have not had that awful chomping today. Everytime he is near Roxie you can see him bow to her, and it is now Yes mamm and No mamm...I gave her a big hug today. Renee deserves a big hug too. Heaven knows she has helped me a lot.

Last edited:

RD

Are you dead yet?
Aw, what a patient girl. I bet it is nice to have a 'mother figure' around with a rambunctious pup in the house.

Yup, Bimmer deserves all the credit for what manners these two grrrrls have, lol! He has put the fear into them on more than one occassion, even though they both outweigh him 2:1 now. At least his teeth are bigger though, lol! He put Shiva over on her back just last night when she got uppity with him out in the pasture.

It sounds like Roxie is doing exactly the same thing as Bimmer. Glad you've got some back up there, FilaR. Moxie Roxie to the rescue! :D

Members online

No members online now.