NextDog.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Do you know what your next dog will be?
Yes, another sheltie. VERY SURPRISING

Where is it coming from?
I have two options. One is from a breeding of Auggie's brother and Payton's mom. The second is out of Payton himself. At this point I don't have any reason for anything else - the original plan was just to wait for a Payton puppy, but since this other breeding might take place, it has come in as a possibility.

When?
I don't know. The breeding didn't take this time but she's going to try again, so that will be something like the next five or six months. If it takes, then the question is "are there any boy puppies?" He didn't help me out last time. This time around I told him he needed to do me a solid and NOT make any boy puppies. I won't be able to pass one up but I don't need another right now.
As for Payton himself, still don't really know. I'm just not quite ready to breed him yet and neither is his co-owner. Probably within the next several years. If the breeding I'm eying happens and I take that puppy, it will be probably another three-four years before I get a Payton puppy. Otherwise maybe two years?

Plans/goals for it?
Agility, herding, if it's like Payton we can try dock diving provided we actually make it to an event. I'd really like to be able to do confo with it, but at the same time, the way ring trends are right now, I'm just not sure if I have the heart to do confo with a dirty little working dog.

DenoLo

Absolutely no clue, I waffle so much. Either a Pap, Sheltie or Toy Poodle if I want to stay little or Border Collie, Retriever, GSD, or ACD if I decide to go bigger. I know that's a huge range of dogs, but I'm pretty go with the flow.

Where is it coming from?
Breeder

When?
2 years from now, most likely

Plans/goals for it?
Agility, hiking. Canicrossing, playing fetch on the ocean if I can ever, ever find a dog that likes to swim. (That's my main reason for putting retriever on the list! Lol)

DJEtzel

Next perma-dog will most likely be a herder of some sort. Either Koolie or shelter dog.

Where is it coming from?
Undecided. I may import, may beg Sara or Linds for a pup, or may take a shelter/rehome dog.

When?
Probably late next year or early 2016

Plans/goals for it?
Disc and agility is most likely. ;)

SpringerLover

* Probably a springer.

Where is it coming from?
* Depends on the day.

When?
* Maybe next year?

Plans/goals for it?
* Sports!

Most likely a Koolie. I'm predictable like that.

Where is it coming from?

Australia probably

When?

No freaking idea.

Plans/goals for it?

Disc!

Last edited:

Dekka

Just try me..
Yes :D

he will be a Powder Puff Crested

Coming from a very reputable breeder in CT

This weekend

As for goals, just seeing what he wants to do. Agility, obedience etc.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Do you know what your next dog will be?Maybe an English Cocker... but it could also end up being another Shar Pei or Pei Mix.

On some days I play with the idea of getting a larger breed dog also.

Where is it coming from?

Depends on what we decide... If it is a ECS it will likely be from a breeder. If it is a Pei I may go through a rescue.

If we go for the large breed something...who knows.

When?

Not too soon...we have some big life changes happening and need to get all of that under control first.

Plans/goals for it?

Not as of yet...

Aussie

Where is it coming from?

I am close with some breeders I would love a puppy from, but I have one particular in mind for this one.

When?
Preferably not until 2017

Plans/goals for it?
Herding, agility, obedience.

No new dogs until Pip is no longer with us, which should hopefully be 5+ more years at least.

It completely depends on what I am still interested in and capable of doing when it happens. If I'm still joring, probably an Alaskan, but as I don't have a single activity or breed I'm dedicated to unwaveringly I think it's best to just wait and see.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Reasonably certain it will be a Doberman. Poodle or Doodle from breeder or rescue is still up in the air, but a Poodle doesn't give me everything I want. I will admit that I'm still considering an Afghan IF I find one on CL. I find a good one on CL once every 8 months or so, so it wouldn't be impossible. There are certain traits an Affie wouldn't give me that I want, but it would be a much better fit for my relationship than a Dobe would be, and a Dobe isn't going to be a 100% perfect fit, either.

Where is it coming from?
If it's a Dobe, a breeder and only a breeder. I want the good looks of a show-bred Dobe along with a (hopefully) consistent temperament. I absolutely will not rescue one. If it's a Doodle or Poodle, probably a rescue. If it's an Affie I'll look through CL and Couches For Afghans.

When?
Whenever Middie dies. I don't need two dogs at once, especially when living with a very non-dog-savvy person.

Plans/goals for it?

None. If it's a Dobe or a Poodle, a reliable off-leash hiking companion and "bring everywhere" dog is my goal, which will require tons of work and socialization. If it's an Affie, I'll take a quiet house companion who I can take to the dog park and who has the stamina to go hiking on occasion.

ETA: I'm not even 100% sure that I'll get another dog when Middie passes away. It may not make sense. I could foster for a while, or just not have a dog. I don't know how I'll feel, and his increasing blindness and deafness is just making me think he won't last another year. I'm dreading that, and I think when he passes I'll probably want some dog-free time. IF I want a dog in those first few months, fostering may be my best bet.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew

Probably Flatcoat or Border Collie. Could easily go either way.

Where is it coming from?

Hopefully related to either Mira or Lodin.

When?

Barring major unexpected change, no sooner than 2019.

Plans/goals for it?

Same as current crew but...2019. A lot could change by then.

monkeys23

Almost certainly GSD, though I'm open either the right Malinois OR if I run across another Lily it will come home with me. It depends on what is available at the time. I keep coming back to GSD's though.

Where is it coming from?
Hopefully breeder. But like I said if the right one turns up elsewhere I'm not opposed. I do know what lines I like and what I want in a breeder.

When?
I need to wait until Scoutini is gone, so hopefully 5+ years. There is hemangio in her gene pool and my worst fear is losing her young. I know of two relatives who died at 5 & 6 respectively. Lots of pannus in her relatives too. I really hope she stays healthy because she's only 6.5! :/ So far,so good & fingers crossed! Haha, she'll probably live forever because she is the quirky girl in the house.
I would love to get nextdog while Lily is around because she is an amazing puppy raiser and also good at teaching dog/dog skills to grown dogs... it just is not in the cards I guess.

Plans/goals for it?
Being my partner in crime is always first priority. ;)
But as far as sports I want to do IPO and herding. I want the versatility of real levelheaded working ability and not just a flashy sport dog.

Do you know what your next dog will be? Unless something that needs me falls into my lap, another ES

Where is it coming from? A breeder. I have my eye on like 4 right now. I might be willing to look at a few people who own Hudson's littermates that are in the area. Mainly I have my eye on 1 female that I'd like a baby from, but it will be a few years, so if they don't have her retired, I'd be interested in one of her grandbabies.

When? I'm thinking 3 or 4 years. Sometimes after we move out of NY and settle back down again

Plans/goals for it? Have it be adorable & awesome like Hudson. I mean, my goal with Hudson was to get into agility with him, so far that hasn't happened, so I've scrapped all the plans and we'll see what fits into my life schedule at the time.

BostonBanker

Almost certainly a border collie.

Where is it coming from?

A breeder for sure. Probably a sports breeder, but that certainly isn't written in stone.

When?

Given that I won't be adding another dog until one of mine is gone - hopefully never.

Plans/goals for it?

Agility, of course. And a general active hiking/swimming/playing buddy.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I don't know if there will be one...I quite enjoy the travel/life options that only one dog allow.
That said, if another dog does pop up. It will be an adult female, lower energy than Merlin and that gets along great with him.

Where is it coming from? Probably an established rescue (with temperament testing and foster homes I can trust), but adult breeder rehome is also an option if we are talking lower energy aussies.

When? 3-4 years down the line.

Plans/goals for it? Merlin's playmate, perhaps do some obedience or agility same kind of "whatever she enjoys" plan that Merlin is on. Just a general fun good pet

Kootenay

Definitely a Malinois or Dutch Shepherd!

Where is it coming from?
Not totally sure. Probably a breeder, and I have my eye on a few, but I would possibly consider a young rescue/rehome. Though I REALLY like the puppy stage and having a totally blank slate, so I'm not sure about that.

When?
Again, not sure! Probably not for quite a while. Onyx would certainly need to be older and I'm not sure that I want 4 dogs at once anyway, so quite possibly not until one of my current ones was gone (hopefully never). I would possibly consider going up to 4 once Jasper was well and truly old, though.

Plans/goals for it?
IPO! Disc, agility, hiking partner and general companion.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
No idea.
Options include, but are not limited too...

Rescue of the herder persuasion where I can be picky and get the whole package (namely no barking or neurotic behavior, and a dog that has some level of disc drive).

Rescue of the non-herder persuasion which is basically the same as the above, but not a herder.

Breeder dog of a couple breeds that I am somewhat interested in. The list is pretty short. I also mostly dislike puppies, but we will see.

Importing a Springer from a kennel in Poland with Megan. Which she won't ever actually do, because she won't just do what I tell her to do!! :mad: :rolleyes: And she should, because I'm always right. I don't even love Springers, but I really like these ones, yanno...from Facebook.

Where is it coming from?
Um, see above.

When?
1st (and more likely) scenario: When Momoman passes and I dig myself out of the crippling debt he plans on putting me in over the next couple years.

2nd (and less likely) scenario: When we are in a house of our own (three dogs in an apartment is too much for me), and I financially can afford another dog.

Either way, not soon.

Plans/goals for it?
Agility!! Also disc. And obedience/rally.
And anything else they seem suited to dabble in.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
MY next dog will hopefully be a female Labrador, preferably black, but I'd take yellow or chocolate if it was the right dog.

DH's next dog will be an adult rescue mutt.

Where is it coming from?
I would *love* to purchase a pup from a breeder not too far from here. It remains to be seen if we will still be in the area when we're in a position to adopt a pup, though. However, it may totally be worth the drive down here again to purchase from them, especially since I had such a hard time finding any breeders in the Midwest that I liked.

Who knows where Michael will get his dog. Shelter. Rescue. Craigslist. Ad in the paper. Friend of a friend. What have you.

When?
I would LOVE to be making concrete puppy plans in the next year or two. However, baby plans may complicate things, as well as Michael's own dog plans. It likely won't happen until 2018ish.

Michael probably won't get another dog until Cynder passes (hopefully a long time from now), unless a dog just falls into his lap before then.

Plans/goals for it?
I'd still really like to get involved with obedience/rally and potentially dock diving. This is all going to depend on location, though...right now, there is quite literally nothing nearby. If we move back up north, though, I'm hoping more doors will open.

In the end, I'm not really sure what our NextDog situation is going to look like. Military, potential moves, and future children all put a weird spin on things. Michael technically gets "next dog dibs" as Cynder is hitting her senior dog years and Abrams is still a young whipper snapper. So....it is all up in the air. A new dog will likely not be sought out by either myself or Michael until 2018, unless something unexpected happens beforehand.

Locke

I'm leaning towards a female Chinese Crested powder puff. I'm also looking into mini poodles and cockapoos. Definitely a puppy.

Where is it coming from?

I have a couple CC breeders I've been following, but no decisions made yet, and still looking around at others.

I haven't found a breeder of mini poodles that I love yet, but still looking.

I'm having a hard time justifying buying a cockapoo from a breeder, so haven't really been searching.

When?

Probably in 5 years or so. I like having a large age gap between dogs, and I still have a lot of work to do with Smiley.

Plans/goals for it?

Well, I am DYING to have a disc dog, but as long as they will play fetch with me, I'll be happy.

Also wanting to do non-competitive agility.

I'm just really looking forward to watching my puppy grow up into a happy, friendly, easy going, active dog.

crazedACD

Not really. :p I think I would like a Dutch honestly but I'm not sure. Also I need a sighthound in my life. I think having Fiona I will need a dog that isn't prone to redirecting or getting too hyped around other dogs/the front door etc. She has not really fought ever thankfully but the other dogs are pretty apathetic about her behavior.

Where is it coming from?
Breeder

When?
Don't know. The way it stands, not likely unless I lose a dog or purchase a house.

Plans/goals for it?
Competitive in conformation, and hopefully obedience/agility.

Members online

No members online now.