My dog barks at the strangest things!

Scooter

Zoe is not much of a barker unless she's trying to herd other dogs. Sometimes when we're out walking she'll see something, stand at attention and bark at it. I'm talking about big garbage cans, a random bush, and things I can't even see. Other things I would think she would bark at, like people, or cats she hardly notices. What's up with that?

Jessiep

I noticed my dog doing that more lately. I was thinking either it is the increase in bunnies and birds around here and I am just not seeing them or something to do with his age (he is 8 months).

Doberluv

My Chihuahuas are like that....anything that looks unusual to them. It can be a darkened hunk of wood in an otherwise neutral colored part of the woods or like you say, a garbage can or some strange looking object. Those two bark and bark until they get a chance to see it up close. I don't think their vision is as clear as ours for that sort of thing either.

ACooper

Ha! Orson does the same thing guys, LOL.........It usually cracks me up what he will bark at. He never barks at people, dogs, cats, or squirrels on our walks (when people or dogs come in his yard he barks) But if we pass an unusual toy in someone's yard, or a garden hose left out, or a stick on the path where it doesn't belong he lets out a few barks :D

Maybe he is asking permission to take them home?? LOL

Members online

No members online now.