Indroducing Shakespre (ferret)

Introducing my little man! He is 2 1/2 lbs of pure steal and sex appeal....ok, ok so it is really just a little chunk and slinky. He is going on 6 years old this October and still going well!

Sleeping, eyes wide open

Took him outside today for a little fresh air :D

And an older one that is too adorable.

"Hmm... looks like I've got mail!"

Omg <3 so cute! :D

Hahahaha you think 2 1/2lbs is chunky? My female is nearing 5lbs, she's obese XD

ETA: I loooove his nose!

haha he is a smaller male, he has little love handles ;) I adore them!!! (and his huge ears...LOL)

His nose is my absolute favorite thing (looks wise) about him! It used to be mostly pink, but has gotten more black over the years! Let me see if I can find a picture of him with a pinker nose!

Last edited:
Looking back, he doesn't even look like the same ferret!! LOL he used to be a lot darker and his nose was a lot more pink! Here are older pictures of him!

I LOVE ferrets. Would own one but darn California.

He is adorable. Thanks for posting pics.
I'm planning a move to California next year... lol I am going to have to sneak him in... Then again, there are more vets who say they treat ferrets in the area that I am moving to than the entire metro Atlanta area I am in now....lol I don't get it.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
So CUTE! ^^ :D Shakes is a handsome man. And I didn't realize he was that age already - Dameon just turned six, too.

I'm planning a move to California next year... lol I am going to have to sneak him in... Then again, there are more vets who say they treat ferrets in the area that I am moving to than the entire metro Atlanta area I am in now....lol I don't get it.
Well at least you know that! I would have a hard time where I am getting a vet to treat one. :(

I'm sure there are actually LOTS of them here.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Well at least you know that! I would have a hard time where I am getting a vet to treat one. :(

I'm sure there are actually LOTS of them here.
Yah, I know of tons of people in California with ferrets. It makes me want to put my head to a wall when somebody comes on the ferret forum complaining their ferret is sick but they can't take it to a vet cause they are illegal there. It's like, did you not think of that before string a ferret/moving a ferret there?! So thank you for realizing trust a ferret may not be the best choice in your area :D

We got a phone call at my work once, someone had a MONKEY they needed emergency treatment for. We said no, sorry, our vet on staff did not see primates. They were very upset, and all I could think was, "Did you not plan this out BEFORE buying an exotic animal??"

Yah, I know of tons of people in California with ferrets. It makes me want to put my head to a wall when somebody comes on the ferret forum complaining their ferret is sick but they can't take it to a vet cause they are illegal there. It's like, did you not think of that before string a ferret/moving a ferret there?! So thank you for realizing trust a ferret may not be the best choice in your area :D

Yeah I am defiantly going to CALL them and make sure they treat ferrets (even though their offices name is in a FERRET magazine) a few months before I move out there. I can't leave him behind....simply because I don't trust anyone else with him. He is getting up there in age and I don't want anything to happen to him because of someone elses stupidity. I also plan to get with my vet I have now and explain the situation to him.. he is really awesome so I'm sure I could call/email him with any questions (just his staff kinda sucks and "forgets" to relay my messages). I have kept everyone's vet records since the day I brought them home, so changing vets (I have had to a few times), shouldn't be a hassle.

Members online

No members online now.