Introduce your OTHER pets!

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
We have threads that introduce all of our dogs, but what about the non-canine members of our households?

There are some pretty neat critters here on Chaz, from snakes to sugar gliders, and I want to see them all :D

Name:
Type of critter:
Photo:

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Name: Nya
Type of critter: Domestic Longhair Cat
A bit of a bio: I found Nya in my second year of University, starving and flea ridden on the streets. She HAD to have been someone's pet as she's the most docile and easy going cat I've ever met. Nothing phases her, and if you do something she doesn't like, the most you'll get is a "mew" in complaint, with maybe a batted paw (she doesn't even use her claws). She's also one of the most affectionate cats I've ever met. She is happiest when curled up on someone snuggling.
Photo:

Name: Buddy
Type of critter: Domestic Shorthair Cat
A bit of a bio: Buddy was brought to our door by two little girls one day when it was POURING rain, saying they found him outside of our house. Tiny little soaking wet 4 week old kitten. We weren't really in the position to have a second cat, but as you can see he stuck around ;) He's a bit timid of new things, but is a big love bug with those people he knows. He is a purr machine, you can often hear it from across the room.
He's a bit of a messed up kitty, he's got no neck, a 90 degree angle of his spine when he sits, bad hips, and his right ear is crooked from multiple hematoma surgeries, but we love him to bits!
Photo:

Last edited:

bnwalker2

My house is a zoo
Name: Woodward
Type of critter: Cat
A bit of a bio: He was born here to a stray that we took in while she was pregnant.
Photo:

Name: Spooky Bear
A bit of a bio: Found him in the barn when he was about 4 weeks old.
Photo:

Name: P-Nut
A bit of a bio: John sold a boat and while they were loading it I was talking to the lady about how I occasionally foster. She showed up at the door the next day with this kitten.
Photo:

Name: Satan
A bit of a bio: I wanted a black and white cat, he was so crazy no one wanted him... it was a perfect match, LOL.
Photo: Have to hunt for one, I'll add it later.

Name: Shiloh
Type of critter: Horse
A bit of a bio: APHA registered Paint mare, 14.1hh, stubborn and bratty.
Photo:

Name: Sienna
Type of critter: Horse
A bit of a bio: 15hh Arabian/QH cross, we call her "mean mare", but she's the love of my life.
Photo:

Haha ill end up flooding the thread! I have 10 birds besides my dogs. A goffins cockatoo, Indian ringneck parakeet, 2 doves, 3 cockatiels, a quaker, and 2 lovebirds. Ill have to post pics when i have more time!

Maxy24

Name: Neko
Type of critter: Blue Point Siamese
A bit of a bio: Neko is my first cat and he's my heart cat. He communicates with me in very subtle ways that most people don't notice. They think he is aloof because he asks for attention without throwing himself all over you. He LOVES to play tag and his other favorite game is simply a rough housing game where I push him and playfully slap him around and he goes after my toes and bear hugs my legs with a bite. First cat I've ever met that you can do that with and not just make him angry. He was given to us for free by a BYB who could not sell him. he is very close to me and went into a bit of a depression when we got Willie and it took him nearly two years to be normal again, the only thing he did not regain was his previously talkative nature. He's begun to do this new thing where he curls up with guests, it's really odd for him since he never likes strangers.

Name: Willie
Type of critter: Blue Point Siamese
A bit of a bio: Willie is very dog like. When I come home he begs for attention and rubs all over me. He will jump from the floor into your arms when you want (and sometimes when you don't want him to but he's gotten better). He's very talkative when he wants attention (which is often). He greets guests but is not all over them like he is with his family. Everyone loves him because of how outgoing he is. We bought him from the BYB we got Neko from before I knew about BYBs.

Name: Titan
Type of critter: PP Hermit Crab
A bit of a bio: Titan is my favorite hermit crab ever. I didn't think you could really bond to a hermit crab but I've bonded to him as much as one can. I got him on vacation after not owning crabs for 3-4 years because they always died. but I found a forum and learned what I was doing wrong (EVERYTHING) and though I have lost a few to PPS (Post purchase stress) I have not lost any after they've been here a month. He is very active and LOVES food, all food. The first thing he did when I held him was pinch me, that's why I fell in love :p Whenever you lift him up by his shell he comes out and flails about, not shy at all.

Name: Aphrodite
Type of critter: E Hermit crab
A bit of a bio: She is pretty shy but is active, she just sucks herself in when I move near the tank. She is my first ever E (Ecuadorian). She is starting to warm up to the place and crawl around upside down on the lid. She likes to make odd noises, the sound of an angry squirrel.

I have another crab but she is almost constantly under ground so I don't know anything about her and have no pictures. Her name is Ophelia.

Name: Tammy
Type of critter: Leopard Gecko
A bit of a bio: I got her after I stopped keeping hermits the first time. She is very cat like, especially when hunting crickets. She loves her moist hide and food. She's not very active but I think there is something wrong with the habitat, maybe heating or something, I'll have to look into it. She like to climb on me when I hold her, she goes right up the front of my shirt no problem.
FYI: in case any leo owners see this I just want to say she is not on sand anymore, she has tile, this is a very old picture.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
maxy--you're hermits are cool! I have no other pets right now--the terrible trio is enough! :p

Okay, you asked for it!

Name: Jaden
Type of Critter: Goffins Cockatoo
Bio: Jaden is like a 2 year old with feathers. Hes very cuddly, very sweet, yet very demanding at the same time. Hes more of my kid than a bird.

Name: Bailey
Type of Critter: Indian Ringneck Parakeet
Bio: Bailey was dumped in front of a petstore that i used to go to. I felt bad for her and took her home. She was terrified of people. It took me 11 months before i was able to touch her. Now she loves to cuddle but still wont step up. Ive had her for about 13 months now

Name: Mika
Type of Critter: Quaker Parakeet (Monk parrot)
Bio: Mika is my only talking bird and is super intelligent. He loves to be the center of attention and loves to dance for the camera! My husbands favorite bird by far

Name: Curly
Type of Critter: Cockatiel
Bio: Curly was my first bird ever. She is extremely sweet and laid back :)

Name: B.J.
Bio: B.J. was originally my brothers bird but given to me. Hes been Curlys mate for 10 years and we used to have many many babies! Now theyre older and retired

Name: Princess
Bio: Princess was found outside while my dad was cleaning his pool several years ago. Never did find the owners. Shes missing several toes, blind in one eye, and is a bit mentally slow. Shes such a lover tho

Name: Dovie and Missy
Type: White winged doves
Bio: Their nest fell out of a tree when they were about 2-3 days old. Their eyes hadnt even opened yet. My dad gave them to me to raise being that i had hand raising experience, but i trully didnt think theyd live. They proved me wrong, and ended up being too tame to release so i kept them.

Name: Stormy
Type: Violet Lovebird
Bio: Stormy used to be a very skittish boy. He was handraised but wasnt given much attention being that there were so many. Its taken him 4 months to really come out of his shell. Now i cant get him off me!

Name: Lizzy
Type: Normal Peachfaced Lovebird
Bio: Lizzy i got as a friend for Stormy. Shes more of a people bird tho, and has been a mommas girl from day one! She has NO idea her size, and isnt afraid to attack even my cockatoo (jaden is terrified of her LOL). Shes full of spunk, i adore this little girl

Haha Baileys is the one EVERYONE is always impressed with. She sure is beautiful. I just wish she were more tame. No one can get near her except me.

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
Name: Iggy
Type: Bearded Dragon
Bio: I had always had a interest in them but had never seen one in person. A girl I worked with had one and after being around her I knew I had to have one. Well, about the same time I met my husband and had made comments about wanting one. We went to the pet store to look at them and ended up bringing her home. She gave me the saddest eyes I had ever seen - I just couldn't leave her. I'm glad I got her because I really feel like I saved her life. She was very ill for about the first year we had her and I know if I hadn't have taken her they would have just let her die. Anyways, she was the first 'child' the husband and I got and she is the sweetest girl in the world. She has changed the view of many people who are fearful of reptiles. She is extremely easy going and it's not uncommon to find her peeking her head out of my purse. :)

Being a silly girl sitting in her water dish -

Waving at the cute boy across the room -

The boy she was waving at -

This is the last picture I took before losing our male. I think it's love. :)

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
Name: Cali
A bit of a bio: A vet rescue... former vet used to take in cats and rehab and adopt them out. Someone had dumped her outside, she was malnourished and very nervous. Someone took her home, decided she hid too much after 1 day (way to give her a chance to adjust), crated her for a couple of days and then returned her. It took awhile to get her to like people and even now she really only likes her people... she is happy and no longer malnourished, the pic is old but she is actually waay overweight now and we are working on that.
Photo:
showing off her "cattitude"

sleeping in a sweatshirt her favorite thing

Name: Jingles
A bit of a bio: "Jing" was my first animal, we got her when I was 5. She is very healthy for an 18 year old, has a mild thyroid issue but I plan to have her around awhile more! She was a tempermental cat as a youngin but now all she wants is some love and she has turned really sweet. She is a humane society kitty.
Photo:
Jingles is the larger cat in this pic... that is Cali as a baby.

Name: Sweetie
Type of critter:Cat
A bit of a bio: Sweetie was originally rescued from the humane society about 9 months after Jingles in order to be her friend. Well they never became friends and have basically co existed for 17 years in the house without killing each other but also without ever loving each other. Sweetie was very skiddish as a baby but she is very sweet and loving now. She has a mild kidney issue but otherwise is very healthy for her age as well. She had a lot of health problems throughout her life and I am so happy to say she is still here. She had a major infection at about 10 that she needed antibiotics for 2 months to cure. She also had a sarcoma successfully removed at 14.
Photo:
Here she is giving me kisses.

Jingles and Sweetie live with my parents... they were family pets growing up but obviously I couldnt take them when I moved. However, since they have been around almost as long as I can remember I consider them mine still.

Cali I got in college because I didnt do well as a non pet household. She moved home with me between College and law school and stayed with my parents for my first year of law school but she is back with me now.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Name: Wicked
Type of critter: Tortie Cat
A bit of a bio: Got Wicked from the shelter when she was just a kitten. She was my first cat in a long time. And of course I had to go out and get her when I was on crutches lol. She is the queen bitch of the house. All the rest of the animals kneel two her wrath lol.
Photo:

Name: Smidgeon
Type of critter: Tabby Cat
A bit of a bio: Smidgeon was 4 weeks old when he was tossed out a car window in front of my house. He was so tiny he could fit in the palm of my hand. He loved to perch on my shoulder and ride around the house when he was so tiny. He has grown up to be one of our bigger cats. He is the clown of the bunch. Always goofing off and getting into weird situations. He is also my drooler and talker.
Photo:

Name: Quincy
Type of critter: Persian Cat
A bit of a bio: Quincy originally belonged to my uncle who thought he would try and be a cat person. Unfortunatly after declawing the cat to save his furniture he decided the hair was too much and he no longer wanted the cat. So he called me up knowing im animal lover to see if I wanted Quincy and if I didn't he was just going to take him to the country (high kill rate) pound. So of course I took him. And changed his name from that embarrising Snowball lol. Quincy is the mellow dude in the house (unless you try to groom him then he turns into the devil). He is the only one that when pushed can put Wicked in her place. But usually he could care less and just wants to nap and cuddle all day lol.
Photo:

Name: Emmett
Type of critter: White and tabby Cat
A bit of a bio: I adopted Emmett this past summer. He had been at the rescue for over a year. He was always looked over and im not sure why. As he is a very handsome big boy. He is alot like Quincy as he is really laid back most of the time. He is also a major lover. He has been known to give random kisses with a head butt lol. He does get on Wickeds last nerve by doing nothing at all. Its actually pretty funny how they interact. She seems to amuse him as well lol. He is a very cool cat.
Photo:

I'll post the horses later

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Name: Palom
Type of critter: Ferret (chocolate sable mitt)
A bit of a bio: These two came to me as almost newborns from a rescue, in a larger group of ferrets. I chose Palom because he was VERY dark as a baby, and only wanted to cuddle in my arms. He's like that to this day, but he's a bit lighter-coloured and has grown to be the fattest ferret in the universe.
Photo:

Name:porom
Type of critter: Ferret (DEW black roan)
A bit of a bio: These two came to me as almost newborns from a rescue, in a larger group of ferrets. The first thing this little girl did was pull the glasses off of my face. I loved her spunk. Even now, she's a ham, and is extremely observant of her surroundings. She is also deaf, which is common in predominantly white ferrets.
Photo:

Name: Yuffie
Type of critter: Chinchilla (standard/piebald)
A bit of a bio: A friend's chinchilla had kits, and he wanted a small mammal pet, so Yuffie came into our life. She's very easily handled, loves people, and squawks at Finnegan when he gets too close (TOO funny). She just recently survived a bad respitory infection. I believe she's a chinchilla superhero.
Photo:

Lauren17

Oh I love your chinchilla! I have three :) I will post all my critters next week. This weekend will be a big picture taking weekend. I have 3 chinchillas, 2 sugar gliders, 3 cats, 1 leopard gheco, and 2 frogs. so I will have a lot of posting to do lol

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
My babies! And the reason i will get very defensive and try to educate those who live feed these Amazing creatures to frogs, snakes.. etc.
Names: Jessie, Willis and Tinkerbelle
Type of critter : Albino Mice
Bio: These three were ussed for breeding for the first 2 years of their lives, producing food for snakes. They were doomed to become Snake food when they were no longer "useful" And by that, i mean the females stop producing, and willis wasnt the best "stud". I had to save them, Because not only were they going to be Snake food, But were going to be fed to a snake, ALIVE:mad: Which does not only stress these poor babies out for the last moment of their lives, But it is dangerous for the snake. Anyways, They arre old for mice, Normal life span is 3 years, these are 4. They Are so full of personality, I cant imagine feeding ANY mice to a snake that is alive, its cruel and Unnesacary in most cases.. And they Are SOOOO smart.. They actualy helped me get 2nd in a science fair last year, I did my project on the inteligance of mice.

Photo:

Oh, And this pic was taken over a year ago, I have seen the light and now Know how dangerous using Shavings can be for the small furry critters . As i Lost one of my babies last year because of the shavings. (Shes not in the picture though)

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
Is that a baby mouse I see?
Yes it is, they werent supposed to be able to get pregnant, or at least thats what i was told, can you imagine my surprise when i woke up and found babies!

Didnt realize this was a pic with babies or i would have added their profiles.. I kept them all for a few motnhs and found good homes for them...

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Then what about the poor snakes? Are they suppose to eat veggies?

It's a fact of life... small creatures get eaten by bigger creatures.

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
Then what about the poor snakes? Are they suppose to eat veggies?

It's a fact of life... small creatures get eaten by bigger creatures.

Prekilled.. Humanly killed mice can be fed to snakes.

But live feeding? Common.. Since when is it a fact of life to just throw a small aimal into a glass tank and let the bigger animals eat it. I could understand it if you let them both go out in your garden and see which one "wins" .. But that would be just as cruel.
My dog has to eat meat to survive, but i dont take a Live pig and let it run around my back yard for my dog to catch and eat it.

Plus i have heard many horror stories about the mice hurting the snakes..

CaliTerp07

Name: Mohawk
Type of critter: Dwarf hamster
Bio: I got Mohawk (named for the ridge on his back) about 6 months before I got married. My landlord at the time was completely anti-pets, but I was DYING being without an animal. I finally convinced my husband (fiance at the time) that he would like a hamster at his place, and that I would take care of it. I ended up being right on both accounts :) Zach and Mo bonded, and we became a happy little family. Hehehe.

Mohawk is super sweet and nice, probably since he was never squeezed and abused by any over eager children. He's a speedy little guy in his ball, and is amazingly hearty considering Lucy is constantly trying to eat him!

Members online

No members online now.