Dog and Toad together

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Sunny met a new creature (to him) today, a medium sized toad that did NOT want to play with an over exhuberent pup.(imagine that :rolleyes: ) I was walking him down in the park and all of a sudden he pounced. I couldn't even tell what he was trying to play with, he was too far away. I rushed up and there was Sunny, intentionally batting at the toad and missing,hitting the ground right beside him so the thing will hop up and he can chase it. :eek: I was afraid he was going to kill the poor little guy so I called him away. He all of a sudden did the cutest thing: he put his nose down next to the toads and nuzzled it then rolled over onto his back, all smiles. The toad just sat there. Then Sunny play postured and barked like he wanted the toad to chase him. (it didn't by the way) and ran back towards me. Once he got to me I clipped on his leash and we left, but as we were walking away he looked back over his shoulder and wimpered :rolleyes: goofy puppy. I have GOT to get him a playdate with a willing playmate :)

avenlee

LOL Sunny has been very comical lately! (Must be this summertime weather) Sadie cornered what I believe to have been a June bug about 3 feet underground in our backyard the other day. I could see her digging and went out to investigate only to find a HUGE hole dug and this bug sitting on the bottom. arrrrrrrrrrg dumbarse :p Now I wish they'd show just as much tenacity when it comes to wiping their paws when they come in or keeping their dogfood IN the bowls. LOL

oriondw

user not active
Becareful with toads. There are a wide variety of them and a good number of them are poisonous.

I thought my pup just to ignore them.

bubbatd

They can give out a very foul liquid that really makes a dog foam and spit if taken in mouth !!!! Ugh ! They'll never pick up another toad though .

EliNHunter

bubbatd said:
They can give out a very foul liquid that really makes a dog foam and spit if taken in mouth !!!! Ugh ! They'll never pick up another toad though .
Good advice. I remember growing up, our dogs would try to pick them up just ONE TIME! The toad urinates and emits some foul foam from their pores and it makes the dogs sick! They would leave the toads alone after that :eek:

Members online

No members online now.