big and small

snowruby92

I have a Bichon Frise that's 6 years old and a golden retriever that's 3 months old. My Bichon is very aggressive to the golden retriever every time it comes near, or bothers her. And sometimes, the golden retriever would bite the Bichon. I'm concerned that the Golden retriever would seriously hurt the Bichon when it grows up. Is there any way to prevent that?

wehkah

My 3 Blessings!
Well the golden is a puppy right now and it's very important that the bichon does put the golden in its place. There's nothing like training from another dog. :) If you think that it's getting too rough you can always try to seperate them but honestly the golden probably won't quit until the bichon puts it in its place. The golden is testing its bit inhibition right now. As it grows up with the bichon it will get easier.

I'm actually dealing with a similar situation with my rescue Zoe. Although she's much older than the golden I've learned no matter how much I separate Zoe and Tweeder they still go at it and will continue to do so until Tweeder tells her he's had enough. However Zoe doesn't mess with Angel because Angel isn't afraid to put Zoe in her place. So Zoe has a new found respect for Angel.

snowruby92

Well the golden is a puppy right now and it's very important that the bichon does put the golden in its place. There's nothing like training from another dog. :) If you think that it's getting too rough you can always try to seperate them but honestly the golden probably won't quit until the bichon puts it in its place. The golden is testing its bit inhibition right now. As it grows up with the bichon it will get easier.

I'm actually dealing with a similar situation with my rescue Zoe. Although she's much older than the golden I've learned no matter how much I separate Zoe and Tweeder they still go at it and will continue to do so until Tweeder tells her he's had enough. However Zoe doesn't mess with Angel because Angel isn't afraid to put Zoe in her place. So Zoe has a new found respect for Angel.
thnx for the reply. oh, and i have one more concern. I'm afraid that my golden is gonna learn the bad habit of barking and growling from the bichon. The bichon never stops barking and growling at ppl AND dogs. I've tried to fix that habit, but it's just not working. Do you think the golden will learn that behavior as a puppy and carry that habbit as it grows?

Members online

No members online now.