The Official "What are you reading" Thread

I finished ABG last night. I'd have finished it night before last, but I HAD to put it down and read something I'd read ten or more times already to get chilled out enough to go to sleep. If I hadn't, I'd have stayed up all night reading it.

Bob really nailed the good old fashioned PI novel -- but managed to write it in a way that's not out of date.

Miakoda

I just finished the latest book in the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charmaine Harris: Dead In the Family

And guess what I'm getting for my birfday?! A NOOK! And I learned it's already complete with 9 books on my favorite racehorses and horseracing and a few others. (shhh....don't let hubby know I found it.....)

elegy

overdogged
currently Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight: An African Childhood by Alexandra Fuller and the eighth book in the Bone graphic novel series by Jeff Smith, Treasure Hunters. i've become ridiculously addicted to graphic novels lately.

Pam111

I read Mommywood by Tori Spelling last night. Haha. Someone from my mother's group gave it to me.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Currently working on "Cemetery Dance" by Preston and Child. The story is pretty good if you can get past the obvious point that these authors are in love with their very impressive vocabulary. I've reached for my thesaurus a couple of times ;)

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
I started reading the Sookie Stackhouse series after I got one from the library and realized it was too far along and I didn't know what had gone on and was too intrigued to stop.

These books are awesome!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Just finnished Skinwalker by Faith Hunter. Great book, and I look forward to reading the next one!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I just read The Darkest Evening of the Year and Relentless, both by Dean Koontz.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Picked up The Devil's Bones by Jefferson Bass at a used book store and absolutely devoured it. I started it yesterday afternoon and was finished early this afternoon. Now I'm out looking for his other "Body Farm" books. Fans of CSI would probably love the series :)

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
I just finished the latest book in the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charmaine Harris: Dead In the Family

And guess what I'm getting for my birfday?! A NOOK! And I learned it's already complete with 9 books on my favorite racehorses and horseracing and a few others. (shhh....don't let hubby know I found it.....)
What did you think of it? I was rather disappointed after I read the other ones within a week so I could finish it before it was due back at the library...I didn't think it was as good as the others.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
What did you think of it? I was rather disappointed after I read the other ones within a week so I could finish it before it was due back at the library...I didn't think it was as good as the others.
I just finished the last one a couple weeks ago and although I enjoyed it. I did not find it as good as the other books in the series either. Lets hope the next one is better :)

Right now I am reading the Immortals series by Alyson Noel. I am re- reading the third book shadowland because I just bought the next book and fogot whats all in the other books.

its a teen series, but I really enjoyed them.

Members online

No members online now.