Huh... i don't see it...

KenyiGirl

Navy Sister
So last week I emailed the people we got Molly from, since it's been a year that we've had her. They emailed us back, sent pics of the pup that they kept (Moose). They look somewhat alike. Then Moose's owners forwarded the email that I sent to someone else who had gotten a puppy from them. This lady has a sister of Molly's, named Nina. Molly and Nina have completely different faces and ears, but their body structure is somewhat alike, and they weigh the same amount (50 lbs). Moose's owners didn't say how much he weighs.

And apparently, Nina's owners had a DNA test done on her, with the results of part Rottweiler, Great Dane, German Short-haired Pointer and Bernese Mountain dog. Shouldn't that mixture be... huge??? Granted, Molly's mom was about 35 lbs, but still...

I've been assuming Molly is some sort of lab/spaniel mix. What do you think?

A side view of her face

A not-so-good picture of her body style

edited to add 2 pictures:

Her natural coat

After she got shaved for the summer

Last edited:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Those DNA tests I don't think are accurate. I've seen people send in samples of registered, even champion purebreds and they come back weird. There was one AKC Ch Am Staff that I believe came back as mostly border collie.

It's hard to tell what she is from those shots. Could be spaniel, retriever, even a bit of bc in there. I definitely see some some sort of retriever. She has a really interesting muzzle though!

KenyiGirl

Navy Sister
Yeah, I hear that some DNA tests are more accurate than others. I think I'm gonna email her back and ask what brand of test it was...

cricketsmygirl

Angels in waiting....
The muzzle looks pure spaniel to me, I'm not sure what breed but I picture a spaniel and the picture with her natural coat...wow...but no matter what she is she sure is gorgeous.

Saeleofu

I see lab, spaniel, and MAYBE the Bernese mountain dog with that coat.

Gavroche came back as Boxer and Scottie lmao xD Of course to put it in perspective, with the percentages the test said, one great-great grandparent would have been Scottie, and all the others Boxers, so it's plausible. One single scottie that far back may not necessarily have an impact on his appearance. He is on the small side for a boxer ;)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Okay from those new shots I see spaniel or maybe even setter and retriever. I would completely buy springer/lab mix.

KenyiGirl

Navy Sister
Yeah, I'm not sure where that coat came from... I do have one picture of the mom. This was taken when she had 3 week old pups, she was about 35 lbs and was VERY hyper.

Molly's sister, Nina, looks a LOT like the mom, the same snout and ears and little feet, just all on a bigger body...

KenyiGirl

Navy Sister
lol, I love her natural coat, but hubby HATES it :p he doesn't like his own hair touching his ears, he wants everything nice and neat :p

KenyiGirl

Navy Sister
I emailed Nina's owner back, and asked what company they went through for their DNA test. Hopefully she emails me back :) I still want to get Molly tested, but they're so inaccurate... Do you think they'll be any more accurate in, say, 10 years?

Members online

No members online now.