Top clip harness?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I'm looking for a nicer top clip kind of harness that is made for tinydogs. Nothing bulky though, which is my major complaint with harnesses in general.

Summer needs something like this for nosework because she loops around on her searches so badly that I spend my entire time pretty much trying to keep her from getting the leads caught on her legs. I'm trying to figure out how to avoid this because it gets me every time we try to do any searches on a lead (which is required for actual trials).

Also, I'm wondering if I will need a lead that swivels on the end? In one of my first classes we had a visitor come work her pointer and he was similarly spastic like Summer while searching. IIRC she had him on a leather harness/swivel lead kind of combo.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
They make itty bitty Sure-Fit harnesses :D

I also adore Siri's Freedom Harness, which I never use the front clip on, just the top clip. I don't know if they come small enough for your guys though.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I'll be honest, I am pretty scared of harnesses because none EVER fit my guys. I've bought a few and just.... meh. I'd really love a more er... 'serious' looking leather harness but I don't know that people make them for tinydogs.

Will look into the ones mentioned.

JacksonsMom

If you want tiny and leather, definitely look at Buddy Belt. Super adjustable. And they come very tiny... I've seen 2lb Chi's sporting them. Definitely well made, super adjustable (because it's... like a belt), inescapable, and don't touch the throat at all.

There's also the leather ChokeFrees which I like, but they are less adjustable, and not quite as nice quality (the price proves this though).

Jackson is 17lbs with a 19" girth and wears a size 5. He can fit in a 6 too but I found it too big.

I know the person who owns the W. Fields Dog Boutique (http://www.wfieldsforpets.com/Buddy-Belt-Harness-s/1947.htm) and she's very personable with great customer service. She could help you with sizing. They have one in-between size (a 3.5) as well.

MicksMom

They make itty bitty Sure-Fit harnesses :D...
Sure-Fit was going to be my recommendation, too. That's what Caleb has for Nosework and hiking. Don't get a Puppia if you're concerned about Summer getting out of it. Caleb's almost came over his head when he stopped to sniff something and I kept walking (while waiting to do NW).

Another idea for a tiny dog- how about one of those figure 8 type harnesses they make for cats (or at lest used to make for cats)?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I was also going to suggest the Sure-Fit. They're adjustable at like eight bajillion points so they tend to fit well if you get the right size and adjust it.

iriskai

Try Julie King at http://furrybabyfashions.com/harnesses/ .

I don't have harness for my guys but I love the fabric martingales I have from her. I also custom ordered a harness for my sister's rabbit... I'm sure she could use whatever hardwear and measurements you need!

SpringerLover

I've met very few dogs the Sure-Fit doesn't fit. Siri a couple months ago is one of those dogs. I put it on her again to go hiking (because I didn't want to attach a Flexi to her "no pull" harness) on Tuesday and it finally fits. She must have had rib spring in the last month or so!

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
I like Puppia, Ruffwear Webmaster, Comfortflex, and the Hurrta Padded Y. I've yet to find a leather harness that is the correct size and weight, and looks good.

I HATE my buddy belts, fwiw, actually my dogs hate them, they dont even want to walk with them on, they just look...uncomfortable.

I LOVE the confortflex harnesses though, they are WAY lighter, easier to get on and fit really nicely.

Members online

No members online now.