Simi can't have nice things.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Okay, so does anyone remember the scare I had with Simi and her "Clam on Coop Bowl"? (If you don't,click here.)

So up until recently she had nothing for her bowl, just a bowl in her crate, that she will "chew" on, even though it's metal, and will toss around. I decided since she was a big girl now I'd try her with a bowl holder like Crash and Psyche have.

Like this:

I looked at it, tested if it'd fit over her head, and deemed it safe for the idiot child.

So she's had it in her crate for about a month now, with no issues. She will, however, pull her dish off the side of the crate after I feed her, everytime, without fail. Sometimes she'll pop the bowl out (Which fits REALLY snug, by the way) and others she wont.

Dad fed her this morning and hung her bowl up like normal. Just now I hear her SCREAMING downstairs and figure she's got her head stuck in her crate door (because she's an idiot and has discovered how to get out of her crate again, but we're trying things to stop her from getting out). So I run downstairs, saying "easy, Sim, easy" as I'm going down the stairs.

Get downstairs and she's just sitting in her crate, fine... but I look closer and realize she's shaking. Like, vibrating. So I take a step towards her and she tries to get up falls over, screaming. I get up to her, open the door, and she fails forward at me, still screaming, and I see that she has her back leg stuck in the dish holder. Clear up to her "elbow". So I start to try and get it out only to realize she has BOTH back legs stuck in it, both to her "elbow" and she's freaking out. She's peeing and screaming and for a second I worried she'd bite me, cause she'll pain bite sometimes, but she just buried her head in my neck while I fought with her legs trying to get them out without hurting her anymore.

I got her legs out and she limped one step then walked fine, got some water and has been hanging out since then.

THIS DOG. OH MY GOD. She's going to make me crazy.

So clearly Simi cannot have nice things, like bowl holders, because she's either an idiot or too smart for her own good.

I MEAN REALLY. How do you even get your legs stuck in something like that, THAT stuck?!

I'm still shaking.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
We had a bowl like that for the ferrets... Only smaller, that came with... One of the fosters, I think. Anyway, eventually I had to stop using it, cause Ren figured out he could remove the bowl then get his head stuck in it.

Ren's the idiot-child here, he'd like Simi to know she's not alone -- HE can't have nice things either :p

So I start to try and get it out only to realize she has BOTH back legs stuck in it, both to her "elbow" and she's freaking out.
You've got to be kidding :eek:! I'm seriously trying to imagine how she got BOTH legs stuck? :doh: Some dogs. So does this bowl "sit" in the ring too, or is/was the ring attached? I have cups like that one that came with Mo's last bird pen and the rings are tightly attached.

And did you look into the one I posted on the other thread? I love that one so much I was very upset I couldn't get another when I went back to that store for another recently.

Members online

No members online now.