Ibs

showpug

Yes, I owned one. He was a Great Dane and he suffered from the disease horribly. It's not pretty and can be rather hard to control.

moe

I have heard that the raw diet works well with dogs with this problem but could not say this was gospel, I know one of my dogs had a sort of irritable bowel, flutuating between runny poos and constipated, once I had put him on the barf diet it settled and he seems a lot happier.

Mo

showpug said:
Yes, I owned one. He was a Great Dane and he suffered from the disease horribly. It's not pretty and can be rather hard to control.
Doe sit have any effect on the coat? i am going to meet the dog tomorrow, hes had arthrits in his back end also, and suffers from itchy skin

showpug

Gallien Jacks said:
Doe sit have any effect on the coat? i am going to meet the dog tomorrow, hes had arthrits in his back end also, and suffers from itchy skin
I just PM'd you, but I forgot to mention that my dane had horribly itchy skin as well as IBS. I truly believe this dissorder is just an extreme case of food allergy.

Saje

Island dweller
Not in people. I have it and it's a lot more complicated than any allergy.

thanks, seems a bit strange that this dog has itchy skin too, i think it may be a food allergy too, I will find out what she is feeding him, and what he was on before the vet visit

Members online

No members online now.