Deer and Elk horns

bubbatd

When I picked up my dog food today the lady showed me her new line . This is a Mom and Pop store who have recently moved and expanded are doing very well . I found them pricey and told her I'd check here . I'd like to try them but a small one is about $8 and pretty pointy . Any large breed owners have any input ?

d

Dekka

Just try me..
very popular with BC sized dogs. You can buy them at some agility trials. Its a matter of knowing your dog.. If you give your dog nylabones and they don't swallow them then smallish antlers should be no prob.

I know MP has one small antlery piece, but its so hard her dogs aren't all that interested.

MicksMom

Personally, the only thing I don't like about them is the price. I paid over $15 for a 6-8 inch deer antler. :yikes: I really need to contact our friends who hunt and ask them to save the racks for me (or be start carrying a saw around to get them off road kill LOL). A really big plus is that they don't chip, but kind of shave for lack of a better word. I find what looks like powder or dust on the floor when Caleb chews his.

Bailey08

Bailey wasn't super interested in antlers, though he'd chew on them occasionally. After he chipped a tooth (unrelated), I gave his antlers and Nylabones to my brother's 10+ year old dog. Annie loves them. She has worn the texture down so they're smooth in some places, but the antlers themselves are whole.

If Ollie is interested in chewing on things, like Nylabones, give them a try!

I find antlers often when I am out with the dogs. I use them to make knife handles and other various things. Buckshot loves antlers, I am afraid that one day he is going to get hurt. He picks them up and runs with them in his mouth. One bad step or running into something could impale him so I keep them out of reach.

Members online

No members online now.