Tis the season HELP THESE PUPS

Flip195

I just donated my 1% from all44paws.org, now we need 99 other ppl to do the same
HI GUYS, I'M CROSSPOSTING THIS STORY, PLEASE PASS IT ALONG AS WELL. I THINK THIS IS A PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL OF US TO SHOW SOME HOLIDAY SPIRIT. I AM SENDING MONEY AS SOON AS I HIT SEND ON THIS EMAIL. TAKE A LOOK AT THESE PUPS, THEY ARE SPECTACULAR EXAMPLES OF THEIR NAMES. THE GRATITUDE THESE ANIMALS SHOW ALWAYS BLOWS ME AWAY. CAN WE BE WORTHY OF THAT GRATITUDE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON? MIKA

I received this today from the rescue that helped transport the 3 pups I kept last week:
Hi everyone, I wanted to put together and email to ask for your help again. I want to introduce to you 3 new residents (English Setters) of Livingston County Humane Society in Chillicothe, Missouri.
I have named them Hope, Strength and Courage simply because that is the epitomy of what these babies are and how they have survived the hell that has been their lives up until November 16th, 2006 when their lives changed for the better.
The shelter had received calls about 3 dogs who had been dumped and were very thin, we had made several trips out to where the reports came from but were not able to ever spot the dogs so we asked the callers to get them and bring them in if they saw them again. The following morning Thursday November 16th there were 3 dogs huddled together in our holding cage outside the shelter fence.
When the dogs were taken out one by one, no one could believe their eyes. There were 3 dogs, horribly emaciated, skin raw from mange and injured. Lesley the shelter manager called me and told me about them, she had considered taking them to the local vet we use, knowing that he would put them down because of the extent of their health issues.
I told her I thought we should give them a chance so she called our other vet and his wife (they are very against euthanisia unless there is no other option) and he said to send them over and he would evaluate them. So off one went so that we could get them started on treatment for mange.
Then, she noticed that the little boy had a horrible injury to one of his hind legs, so off he went. I met them over at the vet and saw the sweetest little dog ever. He was patiently sitting on the exam table allowing whomever to do whatever was needed to him. The vet's daughter was cleaning his ears which he actually seemed to appreciate, he has so much black gunk in his ears I don't know how he could hear. Anyway, after examination, the vet determined that a very extensive and costly surgery will be needed to repair his leg, it is an older break and it is on the growth plate.
We headed on back to the shelter where I met the other 2 and immediately I knew their names...Hope, Strength and Courage.
This is a family who has stuck together in the face of death, abuse and neglect. Their little souls never gave up and now they need our help.
Hope is the worst one in terms of the raw skin from mange, she is just one big open sore yet she will still wag her tail and return the love she is given.
Strength has lived through hell literally. Her hind leg is missing and it doesn't look like it was done professionally. It looks like it has been hacked off, her tail is missing too. I don't know if someone did this to her or if she was caught in something, but either way, I can't believe she survived, she is covered with mange as well and her little nubby tail wags when you love on her.
Courage is the little male. He has a severely broken hind leg that will require extensive surgery, his mange isn't as bad, but bad nonetheless. All are very emaciated and have lots of hair loss.
They all have severe eye infections as well. The vet estimates them at about 8 months old. In the next week or 2 we will also be HW testing them. The shelter manager initially said that she would have them tested the other day and if they were positive, then she would put them down, I again told her NO... These guys have come to far and they deserve a chance. I told her that I knew that everyone would come through to donate so we could afford what they need.
They have not been tested yet, but will be over the next week or 2. They will have to be stronger before receiving treatment anyway. WE DESPERATELY NEED TO SOLICIT DONATIONS TO COVER THE EXTENSIVE MEDICAL CARE THEY ARE RECEIVING AND WILL CONTINUE TO RECEIVE IN THE COMING WEEKS. WE NEED TO RAISE ATLEAST $3000.
Please help if you can, even if you can only send $5, After all that they have survived, WE can't let them down. They need to know that not all people are bad. You can send it via paypal using [email protected] as the receivers email addy or you can mail directly to
LCHS
1400 S Mitchell Rd
Chillicothe, MO 64601
Or send directly to the treating vet
Animal Kingdom Veterinary Hospital
818 Kerfoot
Trenton, MO 64683
Please be sure to stick a little note in indicating who the money is for.
Thank you guys so much from me, Hope, Strength and Courage.
I will keep anyone posted on their recovery who is interested, just let me know.
Please pass this along and crosspost to anyone who might be able to help.
I received this today from the rescue that helped transport the 3 pups I kept last week:

Last edited:

mrose_s

BusterLove
thats really.. really bad =[

english setters are one of my favourite breeds and i hate seeing any animal thats going through pain.

:( poor things

Members online

No members online now.