Aroo-roo-roo-roooooooo!!!!

Miakoda

[YOUTUBE]uOhT_tbLk5g[/YOUTUBE]

Sloan and Ben, today.
LOL! That was too funny!

I'm sure it'll be quite the adjustement after having a bunch of quiet APBTs. And if the howling and baying annoys our a-hole neighbors on one side, well, the dog will be treated like a king. :p

Cardiparty

I'm a sucker for the long, low dogs! Bassets are adorable! Who doesn't love a Hush Puppy?

There was a breeder here not too long ago who had an oops litter with bassets and cardigans, and they jokingly called them "bacardis." :p

They turned out to be mostly merle and drop ears and OMG too cute!

NOT that I'm condoning mixing dogs, but these were a legitimate oops and the breeder is actually very responsible. All puppies were fixed and went to really good pet homes.

The front assembly of a basset is alot like that of a cardigan. They're not straight, you are looking for wrap and turnout. With that being said, you'll probably still find straight fronts in some lines.

I know my girl, Miz Naughty, has almost no wrap and turn out which is why she didn't finish. But I've had alot of people tell me that she's the old style of cardigan and she's hell on sheep.

I don't really have much to add other then I really hope to see puppy pics, because there's nothing cuter then a basset puppy!!!!!

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
Awww, basset puppy. :)

I don't have anything helpful to add, except that the last show we went to, the basset showing in groups was rather, shall we say, "loose" down there and his jewels slapped the OUTSIDE of his thighs as he gaited.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My neighbor has three bassets and they are awesome looking! Leggier with tighter skin and a lot of muscle but I have no idea about their breeding.

Members online

No members online now.