Winter romp on the lake

krissy

Our winter has been unseasonably cold. The dogs haven't gotten out for as many hikes as usual (or out in general) and I certainly haven't taken the camera with me when we have. But today was a nice day and I took both my hounds so I wanted some photos, especially since it is starting to look like this may be Summit's last season of winter hiking. He'll be 9 in May and the cold is definitely starting to affect him.

Mean little dogs (the little black and white one belongs to my downstairs neighbour and she's a bitch... hee hee)

Happy dog has no idea that possessed dog is coming....

Then we realized that the lake was frozen and had snowmobile tracks on it. We figured... if it can hold snowmobiles, it can hold us? The dogs LOVED it!

When is a greyhound happiest? Running free, of course!

Played around with the editing software. Love this effect.

What a dork!

He's turning 9 but he's as gorgeous as ever.

Actually standing still, together, facing the same way.

As an aside, I've been having major focus issues lately, even on stationary pictures. Now the action shots are tough, especially the wrestling and when the hounds start to really run... but even on my portrait shots where the dog is totally still and I see the focus points light up I will get home and still think they're a tad fuzzy. Now, I'm not sure how much of that is just the difference between Canon and Nikon. I have heard (I think) that Canon's tend to have a softer focus, so maybe that's all it is. Today I didn't really even realize that my F-stop was at 4.0 the whole walk so that certainly didn't help. lol

Thanks for looking!

Members online

No members online now.