Funny and really good blog on breastfeeding in public.

Airn

Yeah ... Not everyone has the money for that, which I do not.
My counselor was free. Many will work with you on payment. And many care more about helping than the money.

But youre not going to do anything about it, so I wont bother.

I have never been happier that someone does not want children. Im just sad your dogs have to deal with you...

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Goodness me. There's nothing more disgusting than nipples. I wear a bra in public for a reason, as a man. Such neanderthals.
I know! Nipples are the most disgusting things in the world. I seriously can't think of anything worse. I'd rather crawl through a steaming pile of poop and spiders rather than have nipples ANYWHERE near me. I mean, they're round (ewww!), they're darker than normal skin (double eww!) and they're meant to nourish babies (eating is just gross!).

I think that all nipples need to be kept locked up. I propose we all wear this in public:

Modest wear swimsuits- even for the guys!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Snarky comments do not bother me, my opinion is my opinion whether it be bigoted or otherwise. Anyway it doesn't matter because I do not see a lot of BF anyway so it never comes up.

Obnoxious? No, socially awkward? Yes but I am not obnoxious. You comments doesnt bother me, I have a very thick skin, I also don't need to be accepted or "brought into" a clique.

Also, when I start a thread here or reply to someone else's (excluding topics like this), regardless of what it is about there are more then a few snarky comments that offer no real information ... Should I tell them to GTFO?

I hate to break it to all of you, but Just because someone doesn't share your view that something is beautiful freaking miracle of freaking life doesn't make it wrong.
I'd like to bet that you see people NIP ALL the time. It's super quiet and you don't even see anything. I'd bet that you've probably walked past hundreds of moms NIP in your lifetime.

You don't have to think it's a "beautiful" thing. Infants need to eat, and the best thing for babies is the milk from their mothers. You work around horses, right? How do you think that foals grow up to be big horsies? THEY FEED FROM THEIR MOTHERS. It's simply giving nourishment to your baby so they can grow. It's one of the most basic things you can do.

Airn

I'd like to bet that you see people NIP ALL the time. It's super quiet and you don't even see anything. I'd bet that you've probably walked past hundreds of moms NIP in your lifetime.

You don't have to think it's a "beautiful" thing. Infants need to eat, and the best thing for babies is the milk from their mothers. You work around horse, right? How do you think that foals grow up to be big horsies? THEY FEED FROM THEIR MOTHERS. It's simply giving nourishment to your baby so they can grow. It's one of the most basic things you can do.
Jessie... Logic doesn't work on this one. And don't even mention horses! :rofl1:

Obnoxious? No, socially awkward? Yes but I am not obnoxious.
In your opinion. But in MY opinion, if you were anywhere near me in public, I would find you obnoxious as hell. Does that mean I have some sort of "right" to expect you to remove yourself from MY presence and banish yourself to the nearest crapper because I can't stand you?

I hate to break it to all of you, but Just because someone doesn't share your view that something is beautiful freaking miracle of freaking life doesn't make it wrong.
I hate to break it to you, but I don't see breastfeeding as "beautiful" necessarily because frankly, I don't really think about it most of the time even when it's happening next to me, and while I think some babies are cute, I don't particularly like other peoples' children as a general rule. I see it as a non-sexual, non-dirty, natural human function. And I see people like you who think nursing mothers should hide away in the toilets because you have irrational insecurities to be in serious need of deep psychological evaluation and care any way you can get it.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Jessie... Logic doesn't work on this one. And don't even mention horses! :rofl1:
It's okay for horses to nurse because they're animals, even though humans are animals too.

Is it because most mammals have fur? Does that make it better.

So, would a furry human NIP be okay?

I think that all nipples need to be kept locked up. I propose we all wear this in public:

Modest wear swimsuits- even for the guys!
Oh absolutely NOT. Are you insane? Those are much too revealing. I'm thinking we have to go full burka.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Oh absolutely NOT. Are you insane? Those are much too revealing. I'm thinking we have to go full burka.
You're right. I can see necks, arms, and legs, and that is just too much skin for me. I can't handle how offensive all that human skin is.

How about this?

But wait- these are too tight and you can STILL see the outlines of boobs.

You're right- a burka is the way to go. They even make swimming ones!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I saw a woman NIP yesterday. I think the only reason I noticed her was because she was wearing a cover. Anyways, I survived it just fine.

I think it's an excuse to say 'I am socially awkward/not social/don't like kids therefore it's okay for me to throw my intolerant opinions in other peoples' faces'. I'm not very social. I know many people that aren't that social. Or they don't like children. They don't walk around shoving their opinions down everyone else's throats. It's just... rude.

There's a lot of things I see other people doing on a day to day basis that I don't like. Or I don't like what they're wearing. Or maybe I think their tattoo is gross. Big freaking deal, it's not up to me to get to police what everyone else looks like and how much skin they show.

RBark

Got Floof?
It's okay for horses to nurse because they're animals, even though humans are animals too.

Is it because most mammals have fur? Does that make it better.

So, would a furry human NIP be okay?

Breastfeeding-approved levels of furriness.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Yeah ... Not everyone has the money for that, which I do not.
You know you have issues? You know you're not in the best state you can be? And yet you still share your opinion, knowing it is hurtful? You choose to not better yourself because you can't afford a doctor?

You should know they have free state provided help that require a lot of paper and foot work but they're free nonetheless, seek it out.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I dont share my opinion because it is hurtful, i share it because it is MY opinion & its MY right. disagreeing often makes it seem hurtful.
My opinion is that you should seek counseling. There are many opportunities out there for free or reduced cost clinics.

Here's one that looks promising in San Antonio:

http://psychiatry.uthscsa.edu/Clinical_Programs/UTMedicinePsychoTraining.asp

They use an income based fee schedule. Your first visit is $40 ($20 if you're a student), and then each visit is based on your monthly income.

Here's a direct link to the fee schedule:

http://psychiatry.uthscsa.edu/Psychotherapy/Psychotherapy Training Program Fee Schedule.pdf

Of course it's your right to share an opinion, however, you display SO much anger towards breast feeding mothers and pregnant women. Saying that women who are NIP are disgusting and belong in a smelly bathroom is just... cruel. You wouldn't like it if I told you to go eat your meals in a bathroom (and most adults are more disgusting eaters than a quiet baby nursing).

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I dont share my opinion because it is hurtful, i share it because it is MY opinion & its MY right. disagreeing often makes it seem hurtful.
Yes, but it is hurtful (and you stated earlier you pride yourself on your look that intimidates people) the way you phrase so many things, you don't just disagree you adamantly criticize those who partake in things like NIP.

Maybe rereading, editing with empathy, and thinking for a bit before posting will help you be less abrasive and thus less likely to be seen as such a mean person.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
You seem to misunderstand that as much as you want to whine that you have the right to share your opinion, everybody else ALSO has the right to tell you THEIR opinion is that your opinion sucks. Stop complaining about your right to free speech and your right to express yourself because everybody else here has the exact same right. You can't have it both ways.

Just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should do that thing.

The irony of this is that women have the RIGHT to breastfeed in public and yet you don't want them to do it; you think they should NOT do something they have the RIGHT to do because it offends you.
Yet you have opinions that you also know are offensive to people on this board - this is, what, the third breastfeeding argument you've been involved in here? - and you never consider that you should NOT share it even though you have the RIGHT to do so because it will offend people.

Again - you can't have it both ways.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yes, but it is hurtful (and you stated earlier you pride yourself on your look that intimidates people) the way you phrase so many things, you don't just disagree you adamantly criticize those who partake in things like NIP.

Maybe rereading, editing with empathy, and thinking for a bit before posting will help you be less abrasive and thus less likely to be seen as such a mean person.
Yes yes!

Here is an example, because I know you have tattoos.

Let's say there is a tattoo thread and you don't like tattoos. You KNOW it's a thread for tattoos and people to share/talk about them. Isn't the mature thing to do not to go in that thread and declare the fact that you don't like tattoos?

Or even worse, you go into the thread and say 'I find tattoos disgusting. Everyone who gets a tattoo is trashy' or some other inflammatory statement.

Or insert a gay couple holding hands or whatever makes you uncomfortable.

You see how that is a little bit.... rude? It could be your opinion but just because it's your opinion doesn't mean you get to go stomp all over other peoples' feelings. You use 'well, it's my opinion' as an excuse to hurt people's feelings.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Yes yes!

Here is an example, because I know you have tattoos.

Let's say there is a tattoo thread and you don't like tattoos. You KNOW it's a thread for tattoos and people to share/talk about them. Isn't the mature thing to do not to go in that thread and declare the fact that you don't like tattoos?

Or even worse, you go into the thread and say 'I find tattoos disgusting. Everyone who gets a tattoo is trashy' or some other inflammatory statement.

Or insert a gay couple holding hands or whatever makes you uncomfortable.

You see how that is a little bit.... rude? It could be your opinion but just because it's your opinion doesn't mean you get to go stomp all over other peoples' feelings. You use 'well, it's my opinion' as an excuse to hurt people's feelings.
Exactly!

Dogdragoness, WHY do you go into every thread about breast feeding and pregnancy? If you find these topics so sickening, why do you put yourself through the torture?

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Double standards? I think so.

I for one think its society they needs to "grow up" I mean why is there so much stigma about a dog in a clothing store or walmart or a mall. I have said it before, even the dirtest dog is cleaner then some humans :p.

so some folks are allergic/afraid ... so what? I mean come one people, cowboy up all ready. I am creeped out by dolls but they still sell them, I am allergic to mushrooms but they still sell them. Some perfumes give me a migraine but they still sell them, see the trend here?

i am just saying, if we "disallow" everything that offends someone there would be nothing left.
I think you should take your own advice here :)

Members online