If you had to chose between these two

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
I am on a camera hunt. I am looking for a camera that will take good pictures , and is very fast.
I have a Point and Shoot kodak that I have had for 3 years now , i love it but the pictures are not as clear anymore and the lag is awful now. I think it is just plain wearing out. So I am to cheap to spend big bucks on a camera i dont know how to use (i.e. D90's types)
i have been looking like crazy and came across these two and need oponions so I can make a decision.
Suggestion are welcome also if there are other ones out there i dont know of.

First up is
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung...lack/1337414.p?id=1218251238082&skuId=1337414

I really like that this one has Burst mode of 60 fps. ( I had to google burst mode LOL)
next is
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Olympus...nium/1401597.p?id=1218255561308&skuId=1401597

This ones burst mode is 1.4 fps

So at 25.00 cheaper I am leaning towards the first one , but am uncertain.
HELP ME PLEASE!!!

2pups622

Soon to Be 4 Pups!!
Canon or Nikon i wouldnt go with any other brand for P&s i go with Canon.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
~scratches head~ they look to be the same according to the reviews. thanks for that site , i did not know of it.

i do like the portability , as i to cary my camera everywhere , that is why it is dieing on me (sniff sniff )
thanks again , off to do more research!

Jynx

I just got the canon powershot SX130 IS,,it's an updated version of the 1300. Had great reviews, and also does video:) I LOVE IT, easy to use, takes great pictures, good action shots even in automatic program mode.

Cost was 175 at walmart. I also have a Nikon coolpix L100, like it alot, but I wanted a less bulky camera to toss in my purse..

Grab

I had a powershot years ago and liked it fine. Replaced it with an Olympus, which I loved and used for years. I still use it if I want to take pics and don't want to take the DSLR

Michiyo-Fir

Out of the 2 I would choose the Olympus because the company tends to be more reliable and produces superior products to samsung. All the Samsung cameras I've seen are pretty much not very good.

That particular Samsung is very very bulky and not very well built in my opinion. Plus the Olympus has better zoom and more customizable functions.

I would, however, recommend the Canon SX130 as well. It's a great camera and is much more user friendly than the 2 you posted. The SX130 isn't actually a replacement for the SD1300, it's a different line of cameras targeted for different consumers. It replaced teh SX120. The SD1300 is replaced by the SD4000.

By the way I'm a camera salesperson. I used to work in Best Buy's camera department, now I'm working in a photography/photofinishing shop.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Out of the 2 I would choose the Olympus because the company tends to be more reliable and produces superior products to samsung. All the Samsung cameras I've seen are pretty much not very good.

That particular Samsung is very very bulky and not very well built in my opinion. Plus the Olympus has better zoom and more customizable functions.

I would, however, recommend the Canon SX130 as well. It's a great camera and is much more user friendly than the 2 you posted. The SX130 isn't actually a replacement for the SD1300, it's a different line of cameras targeted for different consumers. It replaced teh SX120. The SD1300 is replaced by the SD4000.

By the way I'm a camera salesperson. I used to work in Best Buy's camera department, now I'm working in a photography/photofinishing shop.
just saw this , thank you for the advise , i will look into this also!.

does anyone have any good photo forum suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.