Pit Bull Ban..oh No

pitbulliest

Well guys..it seems like Ontario has a big problem on its hands..Michael Bryant has announced that he wants our pitties OUTTA this province for good.. however, with that being said, he can't do squat until the law is passed in parliament...SO...there is still hope:

Write in to the MPs please..I beg you guys..every letter, email, phone call will make a huge impact...here's the contact information:

http://olaap.ontla.on.ca/laompp/daCurMbr.do?locale=en

heres another site in case the above doesn't load:
http://leonarddomino.com/mpp_contact_list.htm

And here are some polls that are going to be kept track of...meaning they are quite important... ESPECIALLY THE FIRST ONE!: Please vote NO to banning pit bulls!

http://www.pulse24.com/Plugins/Web_Poll/newspoll-question.asp
http://www.canada.com/toronto/index.html?rfp=dta
http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawacitizen/index.html

Please help out as much as you can and crosspost this message to everyone in every forum you are a member in..it is a very crucial time for Ontario right now..please help as much as possible!

Last edited:

RD

Are you dead yet?
Voted in the polls, the first one didn't work however, and even though I'm from the US I will continue to send e-mails.

I'm not sure of this.. What exactly does he plan to do with the pits that are already there?

Regardless, that's awful. I will do all I can to help.

pitbulliest

I edited the link..it should work now.
The pit bulls which people currently have they WILL be able to keep..however..they must be muzzled at ALL times, are not allowed in ANY parks whatsoever..must always be on leash...and if anyone feels threatened in any way by your dog, the police DOES have permission to put the dog to sleep..no questions asked!

Not to mention, the dogs in shelters will most likely all have to be put down...and the pit bull breed will just end up going extinct in Ontario...because of ignorant, stupid..PEOPLE*

*takes a deep breath and steps off of soap box and starts crying*
!!!!

RD

Are you dead yet?
:( :mad: :( :mad:
I am SO angry and upset about this, even though I don't own a pittie.. Pit Bulls are not killing machines, just dogs. If they ban Pits, they might as well ban GSD's and Labradors as well, because they are just as capable of biting and severely hurting someone.
"ticking time bombs"? Give me a friggin break.
I'll vote in the first poll now..

Jeez, why can't they just figure it out that banning ALL pit bulls isn't the answer? **sigh**

How about all the biting Chihuahuas and other small breeds that are allowed to bite with no recriminations?

When are these unspeakable idiots going to figure it out: it's the OWNERS, not the breed?

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
The thing that peeves me the most is that it's humorous when the smaller breeds growl and bite and nip and snap, but just having the "dangerous" breeds around is a threat. They are all dogs with teeth. They can all bite.

That's like the rumour that when Dobermas turn two their brains grow too big for their head and they turn on you. ::rolls eyes::

Going to vote now...

RD

Are you dead yet?
Ah gawd, I got some of that "brain too big for their head" thing when I had Buddy (Wolf/lab x) He had a strange dent in his head (we thought from being hit with a baseball bat) and when he started turning on us, and basically forgetting who we were, that vet said that it was his brain growing and being crushed by that dent.

I believed it for a while, but then I wondered "WHY THE HECK did it start when he was 4y/o?" :rolleyes:

I'll see if I can vote again today.

MaxMason

My Ginger Bread Cookie
Renee750il said:
How about all the biting Chihuahuas and other small breeds that are allowed to bite with no recriminations?

When are these unspeakable idiots going to figure it out: it's the OWNERS, not the breed?
WOW Renee you hit the nail on the head, I have always said its the owners fault not the animals. To me if you give them love then they will grow up being wonderful pets. I have known several people with pitbulls, and the pits were very loving dogs, cause they raised them to be that way. It seriously makes me very angry when they blame the dogs and not the owners :(

Barb04

Super Moderator
I just vote! Why can't people wake up! I have a bull terrier mix and will be getting a pb mix next year. They are the most loving dogs I've met. I went to a K9 pro sports competition last year. A breeder there introduced me to her pit bull. I asked if she was friendly; the reply was yes. I pet and the next thing I knew she couldn't stop kissing me. It was the sweetest dog and one who also did well in the competition. Any dog can be dangerous depending on how it is raised. The public needs to educate itself before making such rash decisions.

The public, by and large, can't be bothered to educate itself - doesn't want the responsiblity - and nefarious politicians will always make the most of that by exploiting ignorant fears to maintain power.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Exactly, Renee.
What I worry about now, is since Ontario has taken the plunge, more of Canada and the U.S. will follow in their footsteps. Pit Bulls are already a very 'restricted' breed in the US, a lot of people can't own them or their insurance will be dropped, and sometimes they aren't always lucky enough to find an ins. company that accepts Pitties.
I just don't think that banning a dog is going to solve your problem. Then what's the deal going to be... "Child mauled viciously by labrador", are you going to ban Labradors as well? What about Chihuahuas? 3/4 of the Chihuahuas I meet are aggressive!

Gah.. :rolleyes:

Brattina88

ritards
*lol* j.k on that one

Next thing you know you'll have to have a liscense to own any kind of dog, and then there will be no dogs at all. Extinct! Scary!! :mad: :eek:

Rip's Girl said:
:( :mad: :( :mad:
I am SO angry and upset about this, even though I don't own a pittie.. Pit Bulls are not killing machines, just dogs. If they ban Pits, they might as well ban GSD's and Labradors as well, because they are just as capable of biting and severely hurting someone.
I'll vote in the first poll now..

Jeez, why can't they just figure it out that banning ALL pit bulls isn't the answer? **sigh**
On a local radio station they said the exact same thing, freaking out at the government for trying to ban pitbuls but leaving other dogs that are capable of the same thing. I was quite impressed to hear a local radio station, who has the power to say someting actually say it. It's all becuase of ONE single idiotic person who didn't give their dog the proper research and training that was required and it got out of control and someone got hurt and now it's a huge deal.. CARS Kill more people than Dogs, Ban cars!!!!

RD

Are you dead yet?
Cars don't kill on their own, they need a human 'behind the wheel' in order to do any harm. Yes, there are a few 'defective' ones, that do kill people, but those are few and far between. Instead of banning cars, they made regulations for drivers to follow. They made people get licenses to be able to drive cars. They arrested people who were misusing cars.
The exact same thing can be applied to pit bulls, and dogs in general.

Why not ban spoons, too? Yeah. More people die from heart disease and other obesity-related problems than car accidents. Surely the spoons are to blame for making people fat.

Argh I've had enough of this thread... It's not a good way to head off to bed. :p

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
You know what, maybe they should make people get a license before owning a pit bull. That's probably not a bad idea...You have to fill out an application before adopting any pet, maybe they should make people do that in order to own a pit. Maybe that would weed out some of the bad guys, and we could get these pits into good family homes....

I think in my last post i was a little tired, and a little bit angry that they are STILL trying to pass this stupid ban! I think it would be so much fairer to the animals, and to responsible owners if they had to pay to get a lisence to own a pitbul. Maybe go through a criminal background check? or just look for obvious reasons and your right, it would DEFINATELy eliminate alot of problems. I heard that the ban was passed a few days ago, is there any truth to this? And i am sorry if i upset you Rip's Girl, it wasn't my intention. Like i said, im going to blame it on the fact i was extremely tired and not thinking clearly

Members online

No members online now.