Are you Owned by your Dogs?

minismom

Does Your Dog Own You?
You believe every dog is a lap dog.

If you are cold, you put a sweater on your dog.

You have a picture of your dog in your wallet, but not one of your kids.

You often claim that it was love at first sight with you and your dog.

You have your dog talk to your friends on the phone.

You can’t fully enjoy yourself without your dog.

No matter how large your bed is, it is not large enough for you and your dog(s).

You spend more on clothes and food for your dog than you do for yourself.

You have no reservations about kissing your dog on the lips, even when you know where his lips have been.

You believe it is your duty to talk to, pat, and even feed every dog in the neighborhood. You know their names.

You let the neighbor dog sleep over.

You believe there is no such thing as a naughty dog.

Your vet and grooming bills exceed your rent.

When you need someone to talk to, your dog is your first choice.

You sit on the floor if the dog got in the chair first.

You talk to your dog when you are driving. He answers.

Your dog taught you to fetch and roll over

R

RedyreRottweilers

I adore my dogs, but they do not and never will own me.

I've always been slightly annoyed by that statement, as I feel it reinforces some incorrect viewpoints the GP has regarding dogs.

So many behavior issues begin because people do not present a leader figure to their dogs.

So no, my dogs don't own me. I own them. I take excellent care of them, they adore me, and I them, but I'm the leader.

;)

Julie

I am back again.
I tried to post to this a little while ago, but again something happened and it is gone.

I will not spend the time to repost all of that, but :
Most of my answers to those questions were no.

Don't get me wrong, I love my dogs, but if someone answers yes to all those questions, my guess is they have trouble on their hands.

My dogs are required to follow rules and boundries, just as my own children.

So, no my dogs don't own me, unless I say it jokingly. I expect anyone and everything in my household to answer to my demands and training. (including hubby)lol

And it works really well,

RD

Are you dead yet?
Lmao.

While some do apply to me, if I answered yes to all of those, the dogs would have eaten me and buried the bones ages ago. :p

minismom

Redy and julie, I am sorry you took such offense to the post, it was meant to be funny. And I do not feel as if my dogs own me either but I can relate to some of the lines in the post. No need to be so aggressive about something that was meant to be a JOKE. And Redy if you say it offends you to hear or say that your dog owns you, shouldn't you be ashamed to say you own them as we are ALL living beings and should live together peacefully.

R

RedyreRottweilers

I didn't take any offense at all.

I actually found it amusing. :D

It's just that some people really don't realize that if they treat a dog like a child, and let it run their household, that they can be creating a monster with SOME dogs in SOME breeds.

Not all of them, but some.

So when I see these things, I feel I need to post the other side of the coin.

:)

Julie

I am back again.
minismom said:
Redy and julie, I am sorry you took such offense to the post, it was meant to be funny. And I do not feel as if my dogs own me either but I can relate to some of the lines in the post. No need to be so aggressive about something that was meant to be a JOKE. And Redy if you say it offends you to hear or say that your dog owns you, shouldn't you be ashamed to say you own them as we are ALL living beings and should live together peacefully.
I did find it amusing, as you can see in my above post, I referred to saying it as a joke too. And also added my own little joke in my previous post.

I am sorry if you took my whole post as aggressive, but it was not meant to be.

But then again, I do own my dogs, and I am really not ashamed to say that. Now seriously, if a dog is not owned by someone, then it does not have an owner. I am liable for anything my dogs might do, I also pay taxes on them. Being a dog "owner" is not a bad thing. Just because someone says they own a dog does not mean they treat him less than part of their family. My dogs are very much treated as part of my family, just not human family, but my well respected dog family. And we do all live together peacefully in my house. ( We'll besides my yellow lab's agressive behavior towards female dogs, like my GSD. But we always deal with that).

Again Sorry if you thought my above post was aggressive or rude. It was not meant to be,
Julie.

minismom

I too am sorry If I took the posts wrong, I know with reading it is hard to see how the person writing is really feeling. I guess I read it wrong. Please forgive me again if I offended anyone never meant to.:eek:

lucille

RedyreRottweilers said:
creating a monster
Muffin the monster Shih Tzu.

There is no doubt but that the lil varmint considers himself alpha dog among the dogs, even though the others are an English Bulldog and a GSD; fortunately I managed to retain enough control so that I am still alpha in the household, lol :D

Cute!

Yes to one of them, lol....my signature says "Owned by Three" but I mean that jokingly. Besides, it's shorter than "I've got three dogs".

Members online

No members online now.