Arriva, my Lipizzan Mare

I went out to ride, but the wind picked up horribly, so instead I took pictures of a frolicking mare. She is hairy and dirty, but had fun.

Arriva is a 2006 model.

Thanks for looking! She's been with us about 6 months. Need to get her going under saddle, she is one hot tamale.

I'm not sure. She's smaller than you'd think. She MIGHT be 14h. What I'd like to do is make a cute little pony hunter out of her...:) But we will see what she likes to do. I tell you, she can MOVE. Let me find pic.

Dekka

Just try me..
Most lippys I see (granted not many, for Iberians the PRE are more popular around here) have no where NEAR hunter movement :D You are right I never would have guessed so small!

What made you decide on Lippys? I have always loved the iberians, but other than a byb PRE arab cross (who I have had since a teenager) I always end up with warmbloods or tbs. Not complaining mind you lol.

I like their mind, and the willingness. I also like the look, convex and round. Being 5'2, I also like the size. I don't need or want a 16h horse. I would agree on the hunter movement, and I should clarify that I meant local, backwater Hunter classes lol. And I think she is too spicy.

I was lucky, I was able to be around them quite a bit when I was in college. Then a few years later I rescued a Lip Mix, had her until she died.

Dekka

Just try me..
At 5'2 you would look just grand on her :D All that barrel will take up your leg! Some day I will have a well bred Iberian dressage prospect. Right now I have 2 tb mares of my own to work with and a really fun not yet backed sport horse to start. (I luv her, she is just opinionated mareish enough to be fun, but not so much as to be a pain. And her Grandsire is one of my fave stallions ever)

So now we need pics of these lovely beasts doing things with you on them ;)

At 5'2 you would look just grand on her :D All that barrel will take up your leg! Some day I will have a well bred Iberian dressage prospect. Right now I have 2 tb mares of my own to work with and a really fun not yet backed sport horse to start. (I luv her, she is just opinionated mareish enough to be fun, but not so much as to be a pain. And her Grandsire is one of my fave stallions ever)

So now we need pics of these lovely beasts doing things with you on them ;)
I'm working on a photo shoot under saddle for Valor this spring/summer, so you should have that soon. :)

She is gorgeous! She looks like a spitfire lol
She is, I call her my Malinois horse.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Also, I just want to say that I cannot ride horses that short lol. I'm almost 5'11, and this one pony I rode for a bit I could almost touch my toes together under him. :p

I prefer 16hh to 17hh horses. :D

See, and being so short, I find my leg too short for tall horses. Or my courage, one or the other! lol.

Arriva is, however, bred this year. Her breeder has leased her back from me to get a foal from her and my stallion, who she also bred. Which means cute foal pics in a year!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Frolicking and dirty is how I think they're the most beautiful. :D And a beauty she is!
Being 5'8" and overweight, she's hardly the right sized riding horse for me, but still. . .WANT! :p

Frolicking and dirty is how I think they're the most beautiful. :D And a beauty she is!
Being 5'8" and overweight, she's hardly the right sized riding horse for me, but still. . .WANT! :p
Well, to be fair, I need to lose some before putting her under saddle, it is why there has been a bit of a delay. She IS small, and while I am short enough, I need to make sure I am LIGHT enough to ride her.

Dekka

Just try me..
Well, to be fair, I need to lose some before putting her under saddle, it is why there has been a bit of a delay. She IS small, and while I am short enough, I need to make sure I am LIGHT enough to ride her.
I TOTALLY hear you!! I haven't ridden seriously in a decade (or more...) but now that I am down a fair bit I am picking it back up. My balance is back!! Its not so much the extra weight (though I was heavy enough that it mattered to the tbs) but the fact I felt awkward on the horse.

Members online