Here's a Question!

Okay, so my puppy really likes to bark at the kitty. My husband and I are at a loss for what to do about this. The humane society said that since he is only 3 months, if he is raised with a cat then he should be able to get along with her when he gets older (aside from a phase where he will test her for dominance). My cat really does NOT take abuse from any other animal, and she WILL swat at him if he comes too close, so this phase shouldn't be a problem.

What have you done to get your kitty and puppy to live in harmony?

Cindy

Puppy most likely wants to play with the cat. When we first brought our cat home Princess would go around barking at her and trying to pick on her, the cat let Princess know real quick she demands respect and Princess will follow her rules, like it or not. And Princess does! Once in awhile Princess gets excited and chases the cat but then the cat stops short and gives Princess a quick reminder.
Its funny because Princess wants to play so badly with the cat, she'll lay down close to her and whine. They will lay next to each other now on the bed or on the sofa, the cat even rubs up agaisnt Princess. Once in awhile Princess will notice the cat laying real close and she'll gently move away alittle. Just alittle out of the cats reach. We feed Princess and often the cat decides to check it out, see if its something she'd like to eat, Princess stands back and waits for the cat to finish before she will go near her dish. Princess knows the cat is in charge.
The only time now we have a bit of a problem is when the cat goes outside and Princess is out. If Princess sees the cat go out, she'll take that opportunity to get some excerise in. Other than some rare moments of Princess forgetting the rules inside, the two do great together now.

Members online

No members online now.