Finn and the new neighbourhood.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Well, we moved in on Saturday and everyone is adjusting well. The ferrets and Yuffie (I have Yuffie temporarily) don't even realize anything has happened. Finn has had a rough first few nights, and now is only whining/howling in the mornings.

He's still unsure of a lot of sounds and objects randomly, but a lot has changed for him. He's the sole dog, is without a cat AND he's in a new house with only me and no roommates! All things considered, he's adjusting quite well.

Here are a few photos from our yard and the new park around the corner.

Foamy face.

Unimpressed dirtface.

Our yard is mostly patio stone, and a small patch of yard- er, dirt. His toys get muddy pretty quick.

Then we went to the awesome big park just around the corner from home! This place is a gem. There's a kiddie park on one end, then HUGE fields and a quiet corner perfect for hanging out and playing fetch. Not to mention a ton of little hiking trails along one side. <3 I treated Finn to bubbles today since it's been a tough week.

Aim high.

Happies.

Getting tired. It was a hot afternoon so we didn't stay too long.

So. Much. Greenspace.

Happy collie.

The end, for now! Wish us luck that Finn keeps settling in and becoming more comfortable. :)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
That last one <3 <3

Clearly you need to get a puppy and Finn will be enamored with his baby brother and all will be wonderful.

Toller_08

Aw, I hope he settles in and adjusts soon. Poor guy. That is a lot of change. But it just takes time. :)

Your new park looks wonderful! I'm jealous of all that green. We're barely greening up here and don't have any leaves on the trees at all yet.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Thanks guys!

He's still whining through the night a bit and wailing in the mornings, but it's also only been four days. He's quite comfortable in the house now, though very clingy to me and testing his boundaries a lot. I'm keeping to positive routines, consistent training and lots of walks.

The hardest thing right now is that I'm SO busy, he's crated more than I'd like - and he's not used to not having anyone else in the house. Even when he was crated and people were home, he had background noise. The quiet is what makes him anxious. EZ-Rest and his Thundershirt are helping. Poor bean.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Aw sorry he adjustment process has been tough on the Finn, but glad to see you're settling in and have a great new place to explore!

Members online

No members online now.