Creeping Tan Progression

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I think I'm going to continue this every year, but I think it's pretty neat so far! Interesting to see how much RHT Pembrokes change over time. ;)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I was just noticing this morning how much Mia's tan has increased in this last year alone. Her solid black spot on her side now has quite a bit of tan in it. She's a creeping tan as well. (My screensaver at work is Mia and Summer pictures lol)

Lyzelle

Sibes do the same thing. Usually they start out light, go super dark, then progress more white as they age, thus why many lose their face masks.

Many GSDs I've seen changed dramatically, too. Didn't notice until Gustav came around. Goose was GSD/Sibe and he creeped hard. Completely dark and pigmented to blonde and tan with a snow nose by his first year. This is just 6 months progression. He's gotten lighter.

As a pup:

Belly shot:

JacksonsMom

Ohhh yeah, I am pretty sure I got a whole new dog and just didn't know it! ;)

6 weeks old, before I had him:

12 weeks:

face at 9 weeks:

face at 3 years:

Sometimes randomly he still decides to be a chameleon.... some hair cuts he comes back very very light and silver, and sometimes he gets darker again

CRAZY DOGS!

Journey's has done the same thing - I look at puppy pictures of her now and barely recognize her! She's two and a half and her tan is still spreading; I'm pretty sure she'll have a tan stripe up her back like her grandma.

Five weeks:

Six months:

Two years:

Looking at the last picture, I'm noticing that it's spread quite a lot since then even...here's her grandma Leia for comparison, who's also a saddle - not sure Journey's will spread quite as much but we'll see!

Members online

No members online now.