Curse you, stuffy nose!

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Anybody know good remedies for a chronically stuffy nose? When I'm up walking around during the day, I breathe fine. But the second I lay down, my nostrils decide it's a good idea to close up. Even if I liberally use saline nasal spray, they get a little dried out during the night too, which doesn't help. I need to find a way to fix this problem, because I haven't worn my CPAP mask in three nights now because I can't breathe with it on because of my stuffy nose, and I'm starting to feel the effects. I have a medicated nasal spray, but I'm not using it anymore and I haven't used it in two weeks at least, if not longer because it messes with my heart and makes it beat all fast.

I want to breathe again!! :(

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I have this problem all the time, year round. I had it at my parents' house when the guinea pigs and I were in separate rooms, and I have it here in the apt when the guinea pigs and I are in the same room. I used to use the medicated nasal spray all the time, but I don't want to be dependent on it anymore, plus I can't find the brand I used before. These brands just don't agree with me (Afrin especially, I tried that and my throat swelled halfway shut!)

I just want to breathe, and I don't want to stuff myself full of medications if I can help it. When my job's health insurance kicks in, I will go to a doctor.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Try maybe eating a little wasabi? Clears my sinuses up really quickly. Neti pot? They sell wasabi peanuts too..

T

tiivi

Have you ever considered a neti pot? http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/neti-pot/AN01755

I have had chronicly stuffy nose since childhood and I've found that it really helps even if the thought of it felt absolutely too weird when I first heard someone recommend it. I used to sleep really badly because I couldn't breath through my nose and almost any flu would turn into sinuitis.

The though of pouring water in your nose can feel weird, but when it's warm and salted as instructed it doesn't feel bad.

T

tiivi

Also to add that while I had problems with medical nasal sprays that they made the inside of my nose really dry and tender using the neti pot didn't do that. It has more calming effect.

Members online

No members online now.