Dog's long tongue

bogolove

I have a question. Every now and then when my dog is lying beside me on his back, he has gone into some almost wheezing like fits, maybe almost asthmatic. Now i know you are wondering what the tongue has to do with this. Well, that is my question. My dog has the longest tongue. when he has it hanging out of his mouth he looks just like Odie (you know from Garfield) and I am NOT exaggerating. Everyone that sees him says "oh my gosh his tongue is so long". The thing will hit you in the arm or the leg sometimes....really. Now could his tongue cover his air way when he is lying back like that? Do you think that could have anything to do with it or is it something else? :confused:

It's entirely possible. Dogs aren't really built to lay on their backs for long periods of time, even though some of them seem to just love doing it. When my girls sprawl out on their backs (very unladylike, too) you should hear the snoring. Sometimes they wake themselves up with the noise!

When he starts the wheezing, try rolling him over on his side and see if it stops after a few breaths. That will give you an idea of whether it's his position or something else.

Members online

No members online now.