Girly Stuff

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
You ARE gorgeous& that is some fabulous hair!

I don't use shampoo, no silicones or sulfates, no dimethicone or anything that ends in 'cone' or 'zane'.

My hair when it was short& I had the world's best hairdresser. I followed the above method (google curly girl friendly products ..it's a real thing& you'll find lots. I made my own products when I had the hair in that photo!)
Edit- there's no product in my hair there, either.

And longer here

These days I can't find a good hairdresser& I swim too much in chlorine to have lovely shine anymore.

For thick curly hair - mine is more wavy than curly but the weight helps with that as well.

I have gone no poo/conditioner only/etc several times and for me, it just doesnt quite work. My hair is not dry like many curly girls are. I do make sure to only wash 1-2 times a week and use sulfate free. I have lately been using homemade shampoo bars (w/ an acv rinse) but I am still working on getting the recipe right for my hair. This pic is using a shampoo bar and acv rinse

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I am so freaking tired of the ovarian cysts. Just tired. They hurt so bad. And I work with two guys so I can't be like "UGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUH" because they have seriously nooooo clue. They're getting more frequent. It seems like every other week I'm in major pain. It's not crippling or anything, my pain tolerance is high, but it hurts like HELL.

If only the depo took care of the cysts too, it would be perfect. But unfortunately it doesn't treat them.

I have to go in for my next depo injection next week. Unfortunately it's only with the nurse, so I don't know if I can ask her anything like "CAN YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS????" and get anywhere. And I don't have the money to make an appointment with my actual gyno. I'm even trying to figure out if I can get out of my pap smear so I don't have to pay for that.

It also pisses me off that ovarian cysts as a result of endometriosis are called chocolate cysts but it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH CHOCOLATE. ARE YOU TAUNTING ME??

ETA: On the upside, at least this might explain why I've been feeling so nauseated lately. Random nausea! I don't get it! Why! Boo! Then the crippling pain in my ovary. Oh NOW I get it. Okay.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
For thick curly hair - mine is more wavy than curly but the weight helps with that as well.

I have gone no poo/conditioner only/etc several times and for me, it just doesnt quite work. My hair is not dry like many curly girls are. I do make sure to only wash 1-2 times a week and use sulfate free. I have lately been using homemade shampoo bars (w/ an acv rinse) but I am still working on getting the recipe right for my hair. This pic is using a shampoo bar and acv rinse

I have dry curly hair and have gone no poo / co-washing and it works great! I also have found a great combo of hair supplement with collegan and my hair has greatly improved. Sometimes it's an issue of what you are putting in your body (or lack thereof) that makes the difference, the collegan has also helped my joints as well

Kootenay

For those that have a IUD. I'm looking at getting a copper one hormones just don't sit overly well with me. How much did your bleeding and cramping get worse or did it get worse at all?
I have a copper IUD, and I love it. I haven't noticed heavier bleeding or worse cramps at all.

The only I've noticed is that I will sometimes have some spotting through the cycle which I didn't have before.

But all in all, such a great inventions. I didn't want anything to do with hormonal birth control, and IUDs are so effective. Definitely recommend them!

Kootenay

You ARE gorgeous& that is some fabulous hair!

I don't use shampoo, no silicones or sulfates, no dimethicone or anything that ends in 'cone' or 'zane'.

My hair when it was short& I had the world's best hairdresser. I followed the above method (google curly girl friendly products ..it's a real thing& you'll find lots. I made my own products when I had the hair in that photo!)
Edit- there's no product in my hair there, either.

And longer here

These days I can't find a good hairdresser& I swim too much in chlorine to have lovely shine anymore.
Holy gorgeous hair, wow!!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I have a copper IUD, and I love it. I haven't noticed heavier bleeding or worse cramps at all.

The only I've noticed is that I will sometimes have some spotting through the cycle which I didn't have before.

But all in all, such a great inventions. I didn't want anything to do with hormonal birth control, and IUDs are so effective. Definitely recommend them!
How does this copper IUD work if they don't use hormones? I also have issues with hormone BC, so we have been using condoms but if I could find something that didn't pump me full of hormones then it would be great

Kootenay

How does this copper IUD work if they don't use hormones? I also have issues with hormone BC, so we have been using condoms but if I could find something that didn't pump me full of hormones then it would be great
This article does a good job of explaining it - http://io9.com/5938945/how-can-a-small-piece-of-copper-prevent-you-from-getting-pregnant

They are super effective and you don't even have to think about it once it's in. It just does it's thing. So great!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I have serious reservations about using copper iUD's, because excess copper can lead to or exacerbate bipolar/type symptoms.

I just want my tubes tied. :(

Ok so far loving the new hair care. Used a new shampoo bar but I think the biggest difference was I changed my rinse. Used half aloe juice to half water with a splash of acv. No frizzies but also soft manageable hair.

Lyzelle

Finally switched to washing my hair about once a week. Every other time I shower I just run conditioner through it. Super shiny, soft, and no yucky clumpy greasy hair!

Also my face is clearing up. Finally.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
This morning I googled Tubal Ligation. I didn't realize if you have it done with lasers, it's outpatient. SWEET.

Unfortunately it doesn't stop periods so I'm pretty sure a tubal isn't effective treatment for endometriosis. So it's great for the no-babies thing, but not so much for the crippling periods that are thankfully being controlled by depo right now, and unfortunately neither will do a darn thing for the ovarian cysts. Whomp whomp...

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I am seriously looking into tubal, I am sure I don't want a baby and I am now over 30 (which is the requirement for having the procedure in my area) I wish I could convince OH to get snipped instead since the procedure for men is easier and safer ... Not to mention cheaper

noludoru

Bored Now.
Hair update, ladies!!!

What have you been doing with it? How long is it? Color? Photos? What's your goal?

And someone recommend me a good BB (I think?) cream. I'm tired of doing moisturizer, primer, and foundation. All-in-one = YES.

Also, makeup primer recs would be nice. Very nice. I was using MK but you can supposedly use anti-chafing cream?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I'm doing a brazillian blowout soon! Woo! :D I'm so very excited.
My hair is thick and curly and has never been dyed or anything so it's very healthy, I JUST WANT IT TO BE STRAIGHT!

recentish picture

I really like Physician's Formula BB cream. I admit I didnt look at ingredients etc and I usually use mineral makeup, but I love it for quick all over coverage and everyday quick use.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My hair is still blonde. I chopped like three inches off it a couple weekends ago... it started with "Let's put some layers back in this" and then ended with "MEH *whacks off three inches*" I just switched back which side my bangs fall on (again... I switched on New Years Eve...) so I need to put the top layer back in appropriately now.

I used the Garnier BB cream for a while, and it was all right, but I didn't think it was HOLY BALLS amazing or anything. It felt about like my foundation, except it was twice as expensive. So I just went back to my foundation. I don't bother with a face primer, I did for a while but ughhhhh laaaaazy. I feel like my foundation does a really nice job anyway, so it wasn't really necessary.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I can't wait to get my hair cut on Thursday. lol. I torture myself all the time - I don't schedule an appointment until I HATE my hair and want to shave it all off, and then inevitably I can't get an appointment for like 3 weeks out. It's been over 6 months since I had it cut? And my layers are all grown out and I'm not even able to wear it curly/natural right now because I have a triangle going on.

What's everyone use for face wash? I picked up some new stuff about a month ago... some all natural essential oil-y thing that sounded really awesome, and I liked it for about a week. And now omg, I have been stuck in the worst breakout I have had in a SUPER LONG time. Maybe my Clean & Clear was working better than I thought.

Members online

No members online now.