The Good News thread

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Wait like Huntington Beach in SoCal? ARE YOU HERE?! Is rumor here?!? Lol
Yes in SoCal!! And yes I'm here! I'm down in San Diego now, but if there's time I would totally meet you somewhere. :D The red dog didn't fly, so no Rumor, though. Adam keeps saying "I wish Rumor was here." :(

Grab

Clive went for a trial run at his new daycare (he's been watched by a family friend since he was but a wee baby lump, but she's not watching kids anymore) and seemed to really enjoy it. Embarrassingly, he didn't want to leave as he wanted to keep playing with other kids :) I was worried he would be alarmed by all the new adults, but am so glad he did well :)

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Canada, thank you for bestowing poutine upon us.

It was just as delicious as I imagined it. I felt like I was saying a dirty word when I ordered it though...

Yes, this belongs in the good news thread, because food is awesome and totally makes my day when it tastes good.
...are you in Canada? LOL

and omfg that poutine looks amazing.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Get to go home and have lunch with my family today. :) Get to cuddle with my kitty, see my doggy, play with my sister's annoying puppy, and then eat good food. (Also, socialize with my actual family, not just the dogs. ROFLMAO)

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
We're losers and are pupping our way through Cali. :p

Her name is Devika. She was adorable and thought Adam was the best thing ever. Gave him a million kisses.

FG167

Today I slept in until almost noon (I worked last night). It was marvelous. Then I trained with Limit - which I should really do more often because it always makes me smile and laugh, he is the most fun dog. Now I'm snuggled under a down blanket with Kastle and Eden (Limit has a bone on his own bed) and we're going to have soup and watch a movie. <3

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Canada, thank you for bestowing poutine upon us.

It was just as delicious as I imagined it. I felt like I was saying a dirty word when I ordered it though...

Yes, this belongs in the good news thread, because food is awesome and totally makes my day when it tastes good.
I just had poutine last night, and now I'm really tempted to go make more for lunch.. afterall, it's 4:00 and I only had pancakes at 11:00. Plus, I burned 570 calories doing Zumba, which, by the way, is pretty darn fun for a work out game.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
...are you in Canada? LOL

and omfg that poutine looks amazing.
I wish I were in Canada! Lol but nope, just a local restaurant here that happens to serve it!

It was super delicious. I don't know if bacon is "traditionally" supposed to be part of it, but holy cow what an amazing combination it all was!

Lyzelle

I went to Michael's and after lots of internal struggle DH talked me into getting a drawing pad and some sketch pencils. I guess I'm going to try and get back into traditional art.

I'm pretty sure this is supposed to go in the good news thread. It's definitely not a vent. :lol-sign:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I have an awesome boyfriend. He's not perfect by any means, but dang I love this boy.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Reorganized my computer today, backed up all my files (that's been on my to-do list almost as long as "get a haircut"), cleaned the office, cleaned the bedroom, got the dog's stuff organized and sorted, did my laundry - mad productive today! And I'm about to finish it off by designing my new business cards and maybe squeeze in designing some packaging. This pretty much clears up my to-do list of everything I wanted to do this weekend/day off.

Except "get a haircut."

Grab

Finally saw a movie today. I haven't been to a movie forever as I don't like sending the kiddo to a sitter when he's been at daycare all week. But, he's been home for most of the last week or so, so I felt it was acceptable, lol. Saw Django Unchained, which was quite enjoyable :)

(for the record, yes, we can see movies by ourselves while the other watches the kiddo...the lad has seen The Hobbit twice now, lol. But, I have to really want to see a movie in order to go solo and there hasn't been one at our wee little theater that I've been that adamant about seeing)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Well I didn't quit my job and don't hate it yet lol so that's always a good sign! If I still feel this way by the end of the week, I should be set to stick this one out - I usually decide VERY fast if I'm going to quit or not :p

And when I got home, my family was just sitting down to eat my most favorite meal ever - chicken & dumplings. Love that my mom waits and makes dinner later so that I can enjoy it when I get home :D

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I came home ranting so Denis gave me ice cream and Sloan danced while she (mind you Denis has a fantastic Sloan voice) sung "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like it's better than yours I can teach Backup but I'll have to charge."

lol I have a good man.

spiffy

Thanks the good Lord! Was discharged from the hospital 31st afternoon and therefore managed to be with the family for the New Year celeb.

Sparrow

Sometimes, people just get it. Even on Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/lookatmydog/comments/15knag/baxter_sharing_his_food_with_the_parakeet/ (please excuse the simplification and the limited examples...I wanted to give him easy options and not overwhelm him so much he shuts down).

:D
That is awesome, but someone really needs to mention how dangerous it is for birds to ingest the bacteria from mammalian mouths... and how food made for mammals isn't safe for birds because, again, they are sensitive to different bacteria. That's why a cat scratch can kill without the bird dying from the trauma itself.

Not good news, I know, but... *sigh*

MY GOOD NEWS - I am finally going to see The Hobbit tonight! We thought the only late showing was 3-D, which is no good because it's more expensive and not really that awesome. Turns out it's 2-D. Yay!

Saeleofu

That is awesome, but someone really needs to mention how dangerous it is for birds to ingest the bacteria from mammalian mouths... and how food made for mammals isn't safe for birds because, again, they are sensitive to different bacteria. That's why a cat scratch can kill without the bird dying from the trauma itself.
Have at it! Anyone can post on Reddit. I'm not a bird person, and I haven't taken my captive birds class yet, so I'm fairly clueless in that department. Given the guy's response to my "lecture" he'd probably listen and take it to heart.

Members online

No members online now.