Doc, 18mo English Shepherd!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I went hiking with one of my friends today and she let me know that the ES that she's fostering is now available for adoption, so I told her I'd pass his info along. :)

Meet Doc:

Doc is an approx. 18 mo, male, black/tan/white tri, English Shepherd. He was abandoned overnight at a vet clinic several months ago and when his hold was up my friend started fostering him. He has been updated on all vet care (neutered, vaccines, on heartworm preventative), has completed treatment for Lyme disease, hips/elbows/knees xrayed and look good.

Doc is a high energy boy who thinks nothing of hopping up on counters with all four feet to investigate - seems to have great body awareness! ;) He's motivated by food, human attention, and is now tugging with "his" people. He is very responsive to people, but not overly handler sensitive. Currently lives in a multiple dog household, though he does like to "egg on" a few of the other dogs - very teenager-ish, but will need consistent handling to prevent this from becoming problematic.

I've done some shaping with Doc using the clicker and even in a new setting he was super quick at picking up on the game - he really loves mental activity. He knows sit and is learning other basic manners skills while in foster.

For more info, pm me! :)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
OMG WANTTTTTTTTT. What a gorgeous dog!
I wish I could take him, but I definitely can't. If I hear anybody looking for an English Shepherd (again, wanttt), I'll direct them your way.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Doc will also be courtesy posted with ES Rescue, but yea, feel free to spread the word. He's a fun boy, but will need the right home to channel his mischieviousness in positive ways.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Even in this time when no dog is guaranteed a happy ending, no matter age or breed, I do have a feeling this guy will get a good home. :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
AAAAAAAAAAAAUGH! You had to post this now, didn't you? Oh, how I pine for an ES...

He's even named what I'm going to name my Aussie. :(

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I know how you feel, Zoom. I seriously considered an English Shepherd but I wanted to rescue and I thought "Oh, I'll never find a young English Shepherd in rescue! They're too rare."
Well, here sits proof I was wrong. :p THE WANT.
I wouldn't trade Fable for anything, though. <3

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
What a handsome boy! Sounds like he'd be fun, too :)

Members online