soooo excited!!!

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
"my" chicks are supposed to ship out tomorrow.
gonna get the box out tomorrow morning and get it set up, got to head to tractor supply tomorrow afternoon to pick up feeder/waterer, shavings and food and a heat bulb...

they should be here either thursday or friday.

im sooo excited!

we bought a chainlink dog kennel kit that will be the run there going to have triple the reccomended space lol.
were still trying to decide if dads goign to be building a shed specifically for the chickens or if were going to clean out the existing shed and modify the back 1/3 to be used for the hens...
but weve got about 4-6 weeks before they will be ready to go outside...

pictures will come once they arrive.
everyone keep your fingers crossed for their safe journey and live arrival!

lol I was wondering if you had them yet!

Must post pics when you get them!

how are they shipped? Like fedex? LOL

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
yup, just through usps lol, ive got to stop by the post office tomorrow, leave my name address and phone number, let them know there comming in and that they need to call me AS SOON as they get in (even if thats 5am lol)

im half expecting some realy funny looks along with "well how will we know?" (to which the reply is, look for the box thats peeping lol)

but yeah, the hatchery puts them in a box with some bedding and sometimes a heat pack and they get sent off through the postal system
i can only imagine how terryfing it must be for them...
i wasnt going to order, but i couldnt find the breeds i wanted locally...so im just hoping for a safe trip.

chicks have been shipped this way for decades so im sure there fine, but still, im a little nervous, sometimes theres losses...

i want them all to arive strong alive and loud!

crazy_paws

No thumbs = No mutiny
Yes, you must post pics when they arrive.

I was in tractor supply last weekend, and "Awwww"ed myself hoarse over the chicks. I almost snuck a bantam home in my pocket.

ah gotcha...yeah when I worked at the big box stores the parakeets came that way...:)

all of them were full flighted to boot. Not fun :p

well anyway, I hope your box o' peeps arrives ok. :)

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
omg crio, ill bet that was "fun" we had similar when i worked at the petstores, only they were from the same distributor the fish came from.

same problem through, 1 big box filled with about 25 fully flighted absolutly terrified budgies.

luckily after i made a stink about how noone could get the birds into the cage they got us a nicer larger "aviary" style glass cage and the door was JUST big enough to get the box in.

box whent in, large peice of cardboard over the large opening that was the door, just enough space to get my hands in and open the box and let them do the work...
especially considering the budgies we got in were ALWAYS pirannah!

i cant wait to hear the sound of tiny peeping :D

Members online

No members online now.