The neighbor called the cops on Voodoo!

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
My hubby just told me about this. I'm mad at him for not telling me sooner, but he didn't think it was that big of a deal.

A few days ago, he was outside in the front yard. Voodoo was with him, on his long tie-out cable. A police officer pulled up and asked hubby "Is that your dog?" Hubby said yes. The cop said that they just got a call saying that there was a "big, mean, brindle pit bull with a studded collar" loose on our street! :yikes:

Hubby said that the person couldn't mean Voodoo. He's not a pit bull, isn't mean at all, and he's been on the tie-out the whole time. He said that maybe the callers didn't see the cable (it's a plain grey cable). The officer was very nice about the whole thing, then drove off.

That gets me so mad. I bet I know exactly who called the police, too. Our neighbor at the end of the street is one of those nosy people who has nothing better to do but cause trouble.

She's called the city on our neighbor for running water in the street (we're on drought restrictions). The neighbor had water running in the street because he had to hose off his boat motor to fix a mechanical problem! He used the hose in his driveway for five minutes, if that. She's also called the police on other neighbors for random pointless things (like "suspicious activity"). :rolleyes:

*sigh* I'm just glad that the officer was so nice. But people like that get me mad.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
That sucks. But atleast the cop was ok about it. I hate people like that. Our neighbor used to call and say Mack was running loose when he wasn't (he was out in his outside kennel or on a tie out cable). Glad it worked out good for you guys though.

2BlackDogs

I'm glad you got a nice cop that came out. Sorry that some neighbors are so nosy like that.

I called the cops on the 4th of July once because of an aggressive sheperd mix roaming around. He plopped his big nasty butt down in front of my door and refused to leave. He didn't live with me but guarded my door like he did. I called the police and they said they don't handle calls about animals and trasferred me to animal control. I called them and i got some guy on the phone who I swear was drunk. He wasn't making any sense and I could barely understand him as he was slurring so badly. I called the police back and told them that they needed to come take care of this aggressive dog since animal control was no help. we got some really nice officers considering I wasn't happy no one would help and was not very friendly on the phone. They called animal control themselves and then they just handled it from there without animal control.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Ack.. some people are real idiots!

The sad thing is that the police HAVE to check out calls like that. Some people seriously do make more work for officers then need be!

DanL

We had some neighbors like that a few years ago. They were real nosy and caused trouble for a lot of people on our street. Before we got a fence, and before we had Gunnar and Bruzer, we used a cable tie out for Midnite so she could do what she likes to do- lay in the sun. The cable went between 2 trees that were about 50' apart, and then we had a clip on cable that was about 20' long that connected to her collar. So she had a travel range of about 50' by 30' or so. The neighbors called AC on us (and the woman's sister happened to be the AC officer for our area) and said we had our dog outside loose, which of course, she was not. So the AC person comes and we show her that the dog is actually attached to a cable run and has a wide range of mobility, a water dish with fresh water, and she is licensed and up to date on her rabies. So the woman says, well, she has no shelter. You need a dog house out here. Even when we tried to explain that Midnite was an indoor dog and was only out on the run for no more than an hour or 2 at a time, she insisted we needed a dog house. So, we got a dog house. It still sits in the corner of our yard. She never went in it.

Anyway, enough rambling- just consider the source, and my advice would be to not give them any reason to target you with their busy body actvities.

joce

I'd walk him down in front of her house every day:p .....Maybe train him to poop there.

Debi

why is it there is one neighbor like that in every neighborhood?!!! poor cop that probably knew it was all crap, but had to drive by anyway. don't let them make you angry......they must be pretty darn lonely to have to watch neighbors all day. (altho I would have been angry at first, too!!!!)

makes me glad I don't have neighbors close enough to see! people.......

While I would call the police in a second if I saw a loose dog, particularly a loose pit bull, in my neighborhood, you seem to think your neighbor knew very well whose dog it was, and that it was leashed and supervised in your yard, and called the police just to be a pain. In that case, let me just say that some people are impossible to love. I sometimes wonder why people who are flagrantly unsuited to living among others persist in trying, when clearly they should be bunking with polar bears on a Polar research station.

However, I was curious if maybe this neighbor was aware of the problem you had with the dogs and a cat a few weeks ago, and might be motivated to call the police partly from worry about the dogs?

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I see what you're saying casa, but I'm 100% sure that's not the case. This neighbor doesn't know about that. Also, my hubby was in the yard with Voodoo the entire time.

*sigh* Part of me is mad at this lady, but I also feel a bit sorry for her. She must be lonely or something to spend her free time spying on the neighborhood.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Geeze Gemp, you just got a chance to come down from the cat fiasco and now this. That's probably why your husband didn't want to tell you.

I do swear there is a vicious nosey person like your neighbor in every neighborhood and in every church in the country!

Doberluv

Maybe you should go have a talk with her and take your dog with you. Ask her if he was the one she imagained that she saw? Maybe she did see a brindle Pitbull (or type) with a studded collar on in the street. (?) And maybe she didn't mean your dog at all. If she says, "Yes, that's him." Tell her.....sorry lady, but he was with my husband and he was tethered and fenced. (the dog, not my husband) lol. You could say, "I'd appreciate it if you are having a problem with my dog or my dog is in the street to please call me and I'll come and identify whether it's my dog or not and if it is, I'll gladly take him home. Thank you very much for your cooperation" (Jim Carey voice)LOL.

Then hand her a pile of magazines (home decorating, quilting, baking, whatever) and an old book or two and tell her you thought you'd drop by something for her to occupy her time.

Ok....it's fun to fantisize. My mother and I do that when something weird like that comes up. "Well.....you could say.....or how about this......?" LOL.

Anyhow, sorry your whole neighborhood is harrassed by this nutty neurotic woman.

Members online